Project 321 - Group Buy

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
How hard is it to remove the stock sills? Heat up and peal off? Then stick on new ones.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, the sills are very hard to remove. They are on with tough double-sided tape. You have to pull them off with pliers and they are ruined and cannot be re-used.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I have the sills and the caps and I must say they are beautiful pieces of work .I'd recommend them to anyone who has a GT.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
+1 on what Ron said outstanding upgrade.
I have the sills and the caps and I must say they are beautiful pieces of work .I'd recommend them to anyone who has a GT.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
No, the sills are very hard to remove. They are on with tough double-sided tape. You have to pull them off with pliers and they are ruined and cannot be re-used.

Thanks for the input....thought they looked like they would not be easy to take off

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Well, for what it's worth, I didn't think the sills were hard to remove at all using a heat gun and pliers. Taking my time and being extra careful, it wasn't even 10 minutes a side. They will not be reusable though, so you might want to consider getting a set of spare OEM ones from Torrie if you ever wanted to be able to set your car back to stock. On the other hand, I LOVE my P321 door sills, and like Rocketman, I HIGHLY recommend the door sills, the engine caps and the coil covers to anyone that owns a GT.

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Don't listen to Frank. He has a hard time tying his shoes.. :biggrin The stock sills will pull up fairly easily. I just took some off last week. Use a real thin knife blade to start to pull up one of the litter ears at the horseshoe cut out . Once you get a little bit vertical just grasp it with some pliers and pull it off. Put some towels or cardboard around the leather stuff because it will spring and whip around at the end of the cycle.

I recommend installing the Project 321 sills with a few dabs of silicone just to hold them down. This will make it easier to remove them for service in the future,

Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Does anyone have a photo of the 321 coil covers. I always thought it was the caps and sills they offered. I have not had the opportunity to check out the coil covers. (Unless of course I'm getting products mixed up . . . which is possible with me)

Vince H

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Does anyone have a photo of the 321 coil covers. I always thought it was the caps and sills they offered. I have not had the opportunity to check out the coil covers. (Unless of course I'm getting products mixed up . . . which is possible with me)

Coil Cover. Beauty.

Attachments

• 210036_10152020845455697_1122856437_o.jpg
    210036_10152020845455697_1122856437_o.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 164

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Thanks Superfly. It is awesome. (I feel like I'm in a Marvel Comics movie with this reply)

Vince H

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Just got off the phone with 321 getting on their "put your money where your mouth is list". Hope we meet the minimums so that a run can be made.

Vince H

M_FGT

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2013
I'm in caps and sills

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
im in for caps and sills

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Would like a set of sills

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
Sounds like there are a lot of people interested. I hope everyone is calling in and placing their orders. Can't wait for the caps and sills to be on my car!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Does any one have pics of the coil covers? I have the caps, they looks awesome and a much needed improvement.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Check page 3 of this thread Simon. Superfly posted a picture of the covers.

Vince H

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Thanks. Any BLUE coil over covers? My caps are blue and so is the car. IDK the blue covers would look on the blue back ground ?

Check page 3 of this thread Simon. Superfly posted a picture of the covers.

Vince H

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Project 321 needs 8 more orders to do a run.Check out their web site!They have some really nice products.
http://www.project321.com/products_auto.php
Place your orders You will be glad you did.

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
I placed my order for caps and coil covers