Private invitation to drive the new Rapide

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I got an invitation to drive the new Aston Martin Rapide. I've been looking for a new 4 door and since I've been a multi Aston owner I got the invitation. I plan on taking them up on it. Looks like a nice cruzer.

John

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Beautiful car. We'll look forward to your impression!

Last edited:

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Beautiful car. We'll look forward to you impression!

Thanks, my son is really excited about it. The original prototype I really like, but I will take pictures for all to see.

JOhn

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I'll be there too...Star Motors, 4pm, Tuesday.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I'll be there too...Star Motors, 4pm, Tuesday.

Sanjay,
Did you make it there? I cancelled mine, since my wife couldn't come and this would be a family car. :bored

John

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
I did. Car looks great as a sedan, but the back seat is coupe tight.if it were me...I'd take a DB9.

Biggest surprise was the exhaust note....way better than the last DB9 I sampled. Very Ferrari-esque.

Attachments

• DSC00011.JPG
    DSC00011.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 224
  • DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC00014.JPG
    DSC00014.JPG
    265.7 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I did. Car looks great as a sedan, but the back seat is coupe tight.if it were me...I'd take a DB9.

Biggest surprise was the exhaust note....way better than the last DB9 I sampled. Very Ferrari-esque.

Yep, that was what I was worried about. Everyone in my family are tall and this could pose a problem. Hmmm, well I'll keep looking.

John

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Nice pics but the extra doors don't work for me. I would stick with a DB-9 as well.......but I have no kids and besides the mandatory SUV for hauling stuff I only buy two seaters.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Attended the debut tonight of the Aston Martin V12 Rapide Sedan in Newport Beach.

Without a doubt, the most visually beautiful sedan I have laid eyes on.

The rear is very cramped. Test drive scheduled for tomorrow, after little league and strawberry picking.

I'd buy the Panamera Turbo myself, given the dollar and performance ratio, if I were in the quest for such excess. (Which I am, I just don't have the money)...Haha

IMG_1123copy.jpg

IMG_1130copy.jpg

IMG_1143copy.jpg

IMG_1144copy.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Drove the Rapide around town for a while on a test drive. Suspension has two settings, both are comfortable, even the sport setting is still very comfortable. Transmission didn't seem to shift very fast, but I wasn't on full or kick down throttle.

Amazingly quiet cabin, triple laminate glass.

As Doctor V8 said, the exhaust note is nice, and definitely something you can hear and will enjoy.

Back seats have good head room, but are very small, and not so good leg room. Better than a 2+2 seating, but not as good as most sports sedans, not even close.

H

HHGT

Drove the Rapide around town for a while on a test drive. Suspension has two settings, both are comfortable, even the sport setting is still very comfortable. Transmission didn't seem to shift very fast, but I wasn't on full or kick down throttle.

As Doctor V8 said, the exhaust note is nice, and definitely something you can hear and will enjoy.

Back seats have good head room, but are very small, and not so good leg room. Better than a 2+2 seating, but not as good as most sports sedans, not even close.

The back end is huge. Surprised they were not able to squeeze a few inches of additional back seat comfort.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Interesting comments, especially about (lack of) back seat room. As far as the Panamera, I was having the E63 serviced the other day, and saw two of them. Hate to admit it, the P's looks are actually starting to grow on me, and the performance is a total monster from what I've been told.
Still, the Aston is a total knockout in comparison.

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime

I've own a couple of Astons and the complaint I had was with the F1 tranny shifting to slow. I bought my wife a new Audi TT with the twin clutch and it's amazingly fast. If I get another Aston I would get a manual 6 speed again like the first on I got. To me the interiors are the best in the industry and very few can compete with the exterior looks.

John

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The back end is huge. Surprised they were not able to squeeze a few inches of additional back seat comfort.

It might be long, but it seems sleek in the back, and the rear seat is not that high off the floor, so your knees are raised a bit.

Of course, it all depends on what you are used to, or what your needs are. Some will probably think it's the greatest thing since a 2+2, and again, it's much larger than a back seat in a 2+2.

IMG_1137copy-1.jpg

Last edited:

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
I love the looks of AM's and would like to pick up a DB9 at some point.

I made a promise to myself to never buy anything but a 2 seat car in the future. Obviously I don't drive a lot of people around. :lol :cheers

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
Great looking ride :thumbsup

I have an 02 M5 LM blue w camel interior thats a great DD

Been thinking of maybe getting a used Phantom

I sat in 1 at Prestige Lambo in Miami and the salesman and I got locked in the back bcus I accidently hit the child safety.

Good thing the AC was on, He called someone to come get us out :lol