Pricing Suggestions.

GTinTexas

GT Owner
May 1, 2009
My 458 Italia will "hopefully" be here in a few months, and also now considering a Murcielago. Therefore, I'm considering in selling my Ford GT and hoping for some pricing suggestions. The GT now has 5,348 miles, and all the photos and information on the car were discussed here last year. Thank you in advance for your suggestions, on how much I should sell the car for. http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15164&highlight=gtintexas

Aug 25, 2006
Shelby seems to have a great handle on the Ford GT market as such if you have not I would suggest that you have a chat with him.

All the best with the sale and with your new gals; I expect both to make you smile

Shadowman

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Call Shelby Smith at Elite Auto Sales

1(870) 931-8004 www.eliteautosllc.com

Shelby should be able to help you with pricing or even the sale.:thumbsup

Good luck FLY GT40

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Being a RED 05 with approx 5k miles, Retail on your car IMHO is about $130k to $135k. There are Red cars all over the net for sale in this price range. I have a Red 05 with 3800 miles that I am asking retail $139k for.

GTinTexas

GT Owner
May 1, 2009
Being a RED 05 with approx 5k miles, Retail on your car IMHO is about $130k to $135k. There are Red cars all over the net for sale in this price range. I have a Red 05 with 3800 miles that I am asking retail $139k for.
Shelby, $130-135K will all the upgrades? Thanks in advance.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Upgrades may help you little bit, but wont make a huge difference. Maybe $5k MAX....

GTinTexas

GT Owner
May 1, 2009
Upgrades may help you little bit, but wont make a huge difference. Maybe $5k MAX....
Thanks, Shelby.

H

HHGT

With your choice of exquisite cars it sounds like $$ may not be a huge factor but that is just a guess. I will also say that this being a buyers market, you ought to hold on to it long enough for the cycle to change. Based on some solid data and postings here on the web, it sounds like most of the GT dealers, Shelby included, had strong GT sales in the past couple of months.

Soon enough the laws of supply and demand will take effect and you will see the prices of the GTs go up once again. In short, hold on to it if you can and wait till the market dynamics smile in your favor. In my opinion solid clean GTs will always demand near MSRP when it is a seller's market.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
With your choice of exquisite cars it sounds like $$ may not be a huge factor but that is just a guess. I will also say that this being a buyers market, you ought to hold on to it long enough for the cycle to change. Based on some solid data and postings here on the web, it sounds like most of the GT dealers, Shelby included, had strong GT sales in the past couple of months.

Soon enough the laws of supply and demand will take effect and you will see the prices of the GTs go up once again. In short, hold on to it if you can and wait till the market dynamics smile in your favor. In my opinion solid clean GTs will always demand near MSRP when it is a seller's market.

All good points made by HH. And yes, our sales have been strong, in large part due to the recent affordable pricing. I think people are taking advantage of the savings. I also dont doubt that prices will go back up. Just a matter of when.....

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Wow, a 458 Italia? If you are anywhere near Houston, I'd love to check that out when you get it! Congrats in advance.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
While picking up a new Oil Pump Drive Belt ($178 retail Jeeeez!!) today, I stopped in and chatted with the sales rep in the showroom. They have an '06 Red GT loaded with 5K miles. The asking price is $160K. When I mentioned that I have one and not looking, but that I think it will go for $130K, he said they will take $120K.

Last edited by a moderator:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...When I mentioned that I have one and not looking, but that I think it will go for $130K, he said they will take $120K.

Do you think it's a repo?

Gill Jr.

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2007
Orange County, CA
he said they will take $120K.

I wish I had $120k spare.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Do you think it's a repo?

I don't know. The rep said it was a local ride, and I thought I knew about most of them in the area.

It looked pristine.

Junior is local with a red GT.

Chris A and I were just cruising the local nieghborhoods looking at homes for sale last summer and noticed a Black/Silver GT in a garage we didn't know about before that was less than a mile from my place.

Soooooooooo, some just pop up out of the blue.

GTRob

Feb 18, 2009
I'm considering in selling my Ford GT and hoping for some pricing suggestions. The GT now has 5,348 miles, and all the photos and information on the car were discussed here last year.

E-mail me. I would like to talk

GTinTexas

GT Owner
May 1, 2009
You guys have been very helpful, thank you very much. Also, I had already responded to all e-mails.

GTinTexas

GT Owner
May 1, 2009
Wow, a 458 Italia? If you are anywhere near Houston, I'd love to check that out when you get it! Congrats in advance.

DoctorV8, I'd be more than happy to.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
I spotted a Tungsten/Silver a couple of weekends, Bolsa Chica and Warner. :cheers
I don't know. The rep said it was a local ride, and I thought I knew about most of them in the area.

It looked pristine.

Junior is local with a red GT.

Chris A and I were just cruising the local nieghborhoods looking at homes for sale last summer and noticed a Black/Silver GT in a garage we didn't know about before that was less than a mile from my place.

Soooooooooo, some just pop up out of the blue.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
So it wasn't yours over at Powers. Cool!:thumbsup

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Wait....directionally, its the best advice.

GT prices will rise and Murci prices will fall.

Last edited: