Press Release

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
We would like to thank everyone that has been involved in the GTX1 production and those of you watching its progress with baited breath.​

Well, we are officially putting a cap on the production of the GTX1 at 600 units. Please read the press release below about the limited production and act according to your interest. I can assure you of one thing, the value will be higher as an X1 vs. the GT and the driving experience will be over the top.​

Remember when you could have and should have bought a Cobra back in the 60’s, or okay how about a Shelby 289 and you didn’t because you were not sure. Well I am here to tell you that you should not pass the chance of getting one of the GTX1 upgrades. When they are gone it’s another chapter in history.

Genaddi Design Group, builders of the Ford GTX1, is announcing today, December 15, 2006, that production of the GTX1 will be limited to 500 cars. Each will be custom tailored to the client’s wishes with color and options. Additionally there will be another 100 GTX1 cars produced as the SEMA Edition, which represents the prototype GTX1 as seen at SEMA 2005 in Las Vegas, NV. Each of the 100 SEMA Editions will be finished in Valencia Orange color with Titanium Silver stripes. Included on the SEMA Edition of the GTX1 are; 19x9.5 and 20x12 prototype wheels with Pirelli P-Zero tires, Sparco Racing Seats with silver grommets, a Horsepower Upgrade to 700+HP, Suede Dashboard, Hidden Rear Bumper, Adjustable Shocks, 5.1 Satellite Radio, Carbon Fiber Aero Package, Wilwood 6-piston Calipers and 14-inch Gas Slotted Rotors, the only option available on the SEMA Edition is the B-door upgrade.

The cars produced during the run of 500 have a variety of options available to the fortunate owners who choose to upgrade their GT to X1 status, see our web site at www.gtx1.com for a full list of options to build your car. Also included in the 500 GTX1’s are 10 cars to be themed as Pan Americana GTX1’s in racing colors and appointments specially designed by Kip Ewing, the GTX1 designer, in commemoration of the La Carrera Pan Americana Road Race and only available to the South American market. A full history of the GTX1 can be seen at www.GTX1.com.

Genaddi Design Group is the company that was commissioned by Ford Motor Co.’s SVT Group to build the GTX1. Owners of the Ford GT are welcome to have their GT upgraded to a GTX1 should they wish. Genaddi Design Group is taking deposits for the production slots immediately. Production will continue at Genaddi’s present facilities until August 2007, at which time new production facilities will be used to complete the limited production run by August of 2008. Introductory pricing for the basic upgrade has been increased from $38,000 to $48,000. The GTX1 is listed in the NADA Guide and the cars are also listed with the Shelby American Automobile Club for collectability.

“Turning a super exotic into a phenomenal collector car is equivalent to having the chance to turn back the hands of time and buy a 427 Cobra”, says Mark Gerisch the CEO and Founder of Genaddi Design Group. Gerisch says “with the popularity of the GTX1 and what it does for the true driving experience, there is no reason not to upgrade your GT to the GTX1 if you are a GT owner.”

Look for the No. 001 Production GTX1 to be sold at this year's Barrett-Jackson action in Scottsdale with proceeds benefiting charity.

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
Yogi, how many GTX-1's have been completed and shipped to owners so far?

waterboy

Aug 13, 2006
What drove the $10K price increase?

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
Yogi, how many GTX-1's have been completed and shipped to owners so far?

Rocket, let me start by saying more cars have been delivered then what is shown on the site but because of privacy issues not all are show nor can we give you specifics but what I can tell you is that since the cars debut at SEMA we have had over 2100 interested people in the X1 upgrade. These are people with GT's and others with the means that are either looking for a car or interested because it is much better in their eyes then a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Our entire file of prospective clients along with magazine editors worldwide will be waking up to the limited production news.

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
What drove the $10K price increase?

The price increase stems from internal growth issues and future necesities required to manage a production run like this. We are honoring all prices with people currently on the build list and including more options then before in the base X1 upgrade. We are also adding more options in the future to our list, like a FORD GTX1 gas filler door, (we will also have them for the FORD GT), a rear trunk that will fit a set of golf clubs and soft luggage, and a matching pouch for the drivers side tunnel area.

In the past there have been comments on our pricing. I must remind everyone of the cost in developing high end products for a limited market. Design costs of a mass produced car can be spread over 100,000 cars. Our design costs are made to recoup our investment in development, tooling, marketing and still be profitable. Pricing for instance of the GT-B door hinge was based on 500 units. We need to hit that number to even begin looking at a profit. That is what business is all about isn't it? Thanks again for your interest, I look forward to speaking to you again the future. We are talking about a $170,000+ car after all and you can't just pick up parts off the shelf at Pep boys for these cars. Everything going in them and on them must match quality and durability of the rest of car.

gtracer

GT Owner
Oct 13, 2006
Homer Glen, IL.
The new pricing represents a 26.3% increase WOW :eek

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Any updates on the integrated key fob?

waterboy

Aug 13, 2006
The integrated key fob is on the drawing board for completion. We have added a nice finish and required 6 additional engineers to make it real nice. The new price is $3375 plus $100 S & H (to cover internal growth issues
)

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
You Gota Be Kidding !!

The integrated key fob is on the drawing board for completion. We have added a nice finish and required 6 additional engineers to make it real nice. The new price is $3375 plus $100 S & H (to cover internal growth issues
)
You gota be kidding - right?
WOW - $3375 + $100 S & H for an integrated key fob to cover internal growth issues.
I guess the GT "TAX" has really increased since production of the cars stopped!!
You guys up north need to understand that in Texas we fund our growth by providing "value" at a reasonable price.

Fred

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
Waterboy, I have responded to most if not all of your quetions in the past. At this point, I am just wondering, who are you? Do you have a GT? If you don't have anything positive to contribute or a legitimate question please stay out of our forum. Thank you.

For the record, WATERBOY has nothing to do with Genaddi Design Group.

Now that the question has been brought up about the status of the key fob this is a good time to report on it. At this point we have determined that the tooling costs required to make a piece like this are prohibitive to making it. You would not believe what we have been quoted on a per piece price. Until we find something more reasonable, we will not be able to offer this option.

Last edited:

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Thanks For The Clarification

.........For the record, WATERBOY has nothing to do with Genaddi Design Group........
Yogi,

Thanks for clarifying this.

I was not sure, but it did sound kinda "fishy".

By the way, if one is interested in the "Butterfly Door" option only, has that price also changed from the original $12,000 price?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Fred

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
2100 interested people.

Rocket, let me start by saying more cars have been delivered then what is shown on the site but because of privacy issues not all are show nor can we give you specifics but what I can tell you is that since the cars debut at SEMA we have had over 2100 interested people in the X1 upgrade. These are people with GT's and others with the means that are either looking for a car or interested because it is much better in their eyes then a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Our entire file of prospective clients along with magazine editors worldwide will be waking up to the limited production news.

2100 cars is 52% of total GT production. 600 units is 15% of total GT production. Most aggressive targets. I was a new car dealer for 25 years and there is no law that prevents a manufacturer or dealer from disclosing sale or delivery #'s. We're not asking for names and addresses of owners, just delivery #'s. It's a legitimate question deserving an answer as it is an indication of future production viability. How many deliveries??

Chip

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
Spirit, the only price being raised is the base price of the upgrade from $38,000 to 48,000. It was raised to meet the demand for a larger facility, and cover more overhead and larger production management team necessary to meet the demand for the GTX1. Also, initial pricing of the upgrade was based on numbers from a supplier that couldn’t deliver and now reflects the higher price of quality components. I hope this gives a clearer picture of the need to increase the price.

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
Can someone tell me where the roof panels are stored? Thanks.

Derry

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Can someone tell me where the roof panels are stored? Thanks.

Derry

I believe behind the seats which I couldn't do since my seat is all the way back to the wall.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Behind your DERRY-ere! Just couldn't resist that.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Now that the question has been brought up about the status of the key fob this is a good time to report on it. At this point we have determined that the tooling costs required to make a piece like this are prohibitive to making it. You would not believe what we have been quoted on a per piece price. Until we find something more reasonable, we will not be able to offer this option.[/QUOTE]

Bummer, oh well, so we continue to suffer with a taurus F150 key (or an Aston key as well)

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
2100 cars is 52% of total GT production. 600 units is 15% of total GT production. Most aggressive targets. I was a new car dealer for 25 years and there is no law that prevents a manufacturer or dealer from disclosing sale or delivery #'s. We're not asking for names and addresses of owners, just delivery #'s. It's a legitimate question deserving an answer as it is an indication of future production viability. How many deliveries??

Chip

What he said! How many deliveries and how are you doing on the delays you faced on GTs you are currently modifying?

Rob

g-force

Jul 11, 2006
NY
it said 6 cars on the website, but one of them was the prototype.
I think?

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
I almost meet the demographic but not the interest

Mr Yogi stated

"over 2100 interested people in the X1 upgrade. These are people with GT's and others with the means that are either looking for a car or interested because it is much better in their eyes then a Ferrari or Lamborghini. Our"

############ I have no interest in purchasing this product and probably should not comment but the above seems a bit grandiose.

How do you define "interested" ? web site hits ?? I note you state "these are people with GT's AND OTHERS" so they are certainly not all GT owners which would have been difficult to understand . Perhaps a Yugo driver or two in the fuel supply?

Moving ahead, how do you know "others WITH THE MEANS" ----have 2100 financial statements ??.. or is contact of some sort somehow equal to "having the means and interest" and then taking that Kierkegaardian leap to "thinking your product is much better than a Ferrari or Lamborghini" ?

Logic might indicate that the infamous "Quiet" and/or "buddyDavis1946" likely are among the 2100 so lets try 2098. Wait...I looked at the site AND have a GT AND meet the means test (but was never asked) but dont think your product eclipses an LP640 or I would not be thinking that way so how about 2097 ?

Personally, I feel that there is a comparative surfeit of GT's so if some get modified and the owners desire to do that or buy modified cars it seems fine by me but I would poll the owners of phoney NART Spyders and see what they would give for their tops that Strayhan hacked off so long ago.