PPI for a Carrera GT in the Houston area

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Any suggestions for someone that could do a PPI on a Carrera GT? I found one and we've agreed on a price, just need to verify it's the car that it seems to be.

I missed Mitty's CGT, but if anyone knows anyone considering selling, please have them contact me.

A FGT and a CGT. There are a lot of guys with much bigger collections, but you gotta start somewhere.

Sounds like you found a nice one. Congrats. Sorry you missed out on Mitty's. Rumor has it, it is going to FL :)

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks for the great responses. It's black on terra-cotta with 3059 miles. Clutch measurement is 29.5mm. From what I understand, a new clutch is 33 and replacement time is 27mm. It has the complete luggage set, minus the briefcase. Engine out service completed. Cosmetically it's shockingly clean. Didn't think I would like the interior, but it's growing on me. Repair costs are heart-stopping.
Just finalizing the deal so I don't want to0 jinx anything. But of all goes as planned, we should have a CTG and a FGT at Skyrex's next Mojave Mile event looking to do the double ton in two vehicles.

Congrats! Enjoy in good health. One question/comment...wondering why an "engine out" service was necessary on a 3k mile car? The factory rec is for valve adjustment at 30k miles. The car has solid lifters and the engine has to come out for access to the heads etc. Fluids and belts are otherwise done with the engine in the car. My car had 29.7 mm on the clutch when I got it with 8k miles from Shelby. Over 10k on the car now. As long as you roll out in first gear properly the clutch will last a long time.

hollywoodstunts

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2009
Venice, CA
Congrats! Enjoy in good health. One question/comment...wondering why an "engine out" service was necessary on a 3k mile car? The factory rec is for valve adjustment at 30k miles. The car has solid lifters and the engine has to come out for access to the heads etc. Fluids and belts are otherwise done with the engine in the car. My car had 29.7 mm on the clutch when I got it with 8k miles from Shelby. Over 10k on the car now. As long as you roll out in first gear properly the clutch will last a long time.
I was told there was a recall and it required the engine-out service. Is that not accurate?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Sounds like you found a nice one. Congrats. Sorry you missed out on Mitty's. Rumor has it, it is going to FL :)

That's what a little bird says on Rennlist!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Jacksonville?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I was told there was a recall and it required the engine-out service. Is that not accurate?

Here's some good info on CGT service.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforu...-whats-the-real-story-on-cgt-maintenance.html

I can't find any info whatsoever on a recall campaign requiring the engine out. I suspect a previous meticulous owner had the valve service done on your car even though it has low miles. Post up some pics!