Power brake booster

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Help, anyone know if the brake booster is a one off for the GT or did it come from another vehicle, or does anyone do an overhaul kit for them

Attachments

• GT brake booster 001.jpg
    GT brake booster 001.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 196
  • GT brake booster 002.jpg
    GT brake booster 002.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 193
  • GT brake booster 003.jpg
    GT brake booster 003.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 196

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_33 Apr. 28 00.32.jpg
    ScreenHunter_33 Apr. 28 00.32.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Thanks,,you guys always seem to know what I need..

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Thanks BlackIce, both places say the booster in not available, Any other options

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Thanks BlackIce, both places say the booster in not available, Any other options

Not currently. But you can search on the Cardone part number maybe one exist elsewhere.

You could try to replace the busted plastic pieces. If you find the right glue it may work. The busted off plastic piece appear to be used to locate the booster and are unstressed after installation. Or fab a piece of aluminum to replace the plastic piece if you have a machine shop handy.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Thanks, have reglued it, It is a massive piece that goes into the booster case and hold the diaphragm,, Still has a tiny leak(holds vacuum for about 5 mins), will have to do till I find another.. Thanks again

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
What caused the break?

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Beach GT.. Bad packaging during shipping,, The long push rod needs securing so as to not put excessive pressure on the plastic part that's broken,

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Finally got a booster from the Wrench Monkey, although having paid for it, they are not replying re the shipping to Australia

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Now Monkey Wrench tell me that they don't have a booster and never had any, just a listing,, So my C/C will be credited, but at my expense, as the Dollar has dropped. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Well now, that is bad. If there's anything I can do to help you with parts, please let me know. I could order from here and re-ship to you. Shipping is going to cost you a bundle no matter what, but it's easier to deal with US suppliers from within the US. I'll be happy to help in any way...phone calls...ordering...whatever.