Potential purchase of NFGT-questions

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
Hello All,

I own a 2005 that I still love and plan to keep until I take a long dirt nap, but I am strongly considering purchasing a 2017 and have a few questions-I really appreciate any insight.

Was there any issues with the 17's that I need to look out for?
Would a GT certified Ford dealer be able to do a PPI?
This car is on its second owner, I would be the third-does this affect the value?
Realistically, are these cars going to hold these astronomical valuations in the next 5 or 10 years?
Why would a NFGT owner ever want to sell the most beautiful car in the world?

Having never ridden in one, much less test driven a new GT, it is a pretty large investment for me so I would really love to hear what owners really think about their cars after the excitement of getting one has waned a bit. Please PM me if there may be some information that you are not comfortable sharing with the public that you think I should consider. Thank you in advance for any input!

Reactions: GTinTN

knightka

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 6, 2015
Los Altos, CA
Own a 2006 and a 2019 FGT. Don't think I'll ever sell either. Just got back from a drive in the 2019, its my favorite car to drive (though I'm biased towards track optimized cars). I'm optimistic on long term value but am not an authority and don't have a crystal ball. This is an expensive toy (and piece of art) I can justify because it probably isn't a quickly depreciating asset, not an investment that happens to be a toy.

Best of luck!

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Hello All,

I own a 2005 that I still love and plan to keep until I take a long dirt nap, but I am strongly considering purchasing a 2017 and have a few questions-I really appreciate any insight.

Was there any issues with the 17's that I need to look out for?
Would a GT certified Ford dealer be able to do a PPI?
This car is on its second owner, I would be the third-does this affect the value?
Realistically, are these cars going to hold these astronomical valuations in the next 5 or 10 years?

Having never ridden in one, much less test driven a new GT, it is a pretty large investment for me so I would really love to hear what owners really think about their cars after the excitement of getting one has waned a bit. Please PM me if there may be some information that you are not comfortable sharing with the public that you think I should consider. Thank you in advance for any input!

Hello Ken, there have been a few issues with the 2017 M.Y. Ford GT. I am the Ford GT technician at Pat Milliken Ford and can perform a ppi. However you being in Florida and me being in michigan may make it a bit costly, however I know that a few Ford GT technician are in your State. The best advice I can give you is make sure you see service record and see if all recalls have been performed. Also find a Certified Ford GT technician in your area for a PPI. As for the rest ....like value ect ect....I would not be much help in that area.

Joe

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Ken, like you - I own a 2005 and have enjoyed the "hell" out of it! But have also given thought to purchasing a NFGT if the right one comes along. No other car holds the appeal for me as does the NFGT. Please let me know what you decide and how it works out as I would love to follow in your steps!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I would LOVE to have insight to the values of ANYTHING in 5-10 years.

There are a LOT of reasons, why people have chosen to see their GT's Here are a few:

Never intended to keep it, got allocation, took profit. Or too much of a stretch realistically to keep it
Did not fit comfortably inside (cabin is cozy)
Did not "connect" with the car (its an incredible track weapon, but cant be modded, missing a pedal, and 2 cylinders)
Scared to own it with out a warranty

You better get a ride in one 1st. As mentioned the cockpit is very small. Also be prepared the car is NOTHING like an 05-06. Its faster and a better performer in EVERY metric, but again every way it does this is DIFFERENT. Dont misunderstand me, we are very very happy with our 18, but after 15+ years, and ~17k miles, I might be a touch happier with our 05.

Lots of GT's in your area.

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
Hello Ken, there have been a few issues with the 2017 M.Y. Ford GT. I am the Ford GT technician at Pat Milliken Ford and can perform a ppi. However you being in Florida and me being in michigan may make it a bit costly, however I know that a few Ford GT technician are in your State. The best advice I can give you is make sure you see service record and see if all recalls have been performed. Also find a Certified Ford GT technician in your area for a PPI. As for the rest ....like value ect ect....I would not be much help in that area.

Joe
Thank you Joe, This car is not in my state so that is why I inquired.

Ken