Police Interceptor Crown Vic Recall

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Now is the time the try to outrun Johnny Law. Ford has recalled the Crown Victoria Police Interceptor for potential wheel cracks at high speeds. So take advantage while the speed merchants of the highway are out of service.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
If they can get a crown vic to catch me at 205mph... they deserve the privilege of taking me to jail.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Just remember,

You can't out run that radio.

DeaconBlues

GT Owner
Feb 7, 2006
New Mexico
Car and Driver has an article about the Ohio Highway Patrol airplanes. They will do 125, but since they fly in a straight line, it's the equivalent of 150. DOH. Still not enough. You're right about the radio, though. Kind of hard to blend into traffic in a GT.:lol

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
i saw that same episode on 60 minutes.
they mentioned, they can only see cars by size and color from that hight distance, and many times, if there are two or three of the same color in a cluster, they will pass on calling the ground troops in.
i remember thinking to myself, yeah right, how many red sports cars with massive white stripes will be in a cluster --lol
the episode was pretty impressive, i think they had something like 50 planes.
bottom line, be careful in ohio !!!!!!

sam
#1451----red/white

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I have never actually tried to outrun the radio. Let me research this and get back to you.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
It is true; the Airplane/Radio combination can take some of the “sport” :wink out of the S P I R I T E D driving experience on public roads.:biggrin

[Of course I would never think of attempting any activities that would possibly violate any speed laws.]:frown :eek :frown

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ah, who we kiddin'? Radios, choppers, "F.L.I.R.", and all the rest? Just pull over & sign the dang ticket. You'll pbly save munny payin' THAT as opposed to the expense of the gas & tires alone - not to mention the insurance penalty - going the other route. Look at it NOT as a surrender or a defeat ... but as a wise financial decision of corporate proportions! :biggrin :lol

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Would this be a bad place to pitch:

DELTA BAIL BONDS... where service is our best salesman!

DBK is gonna ban me pretty soon :frown

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Highway Patrol airplanes. They will do 125, but since they fly in a straight line, it's the equivalent of 150. DOH. Still not enough./QUOTE]

Mebbe in New Mexico 150 ain't enough. But, around HERE (and 'most anyplace else) 25mph would be enough!!! 'You seen the TRAFFIC most of us deal with????? ('Can't tell yuh how menny times somethin' like a VW has passed my GT on the freeways(?) around here because of it. 'Disgustin'.:thumbsdow )

H

HHGT

As I was driving across the California desert I saw a truck load of Blk/Wht Chargers heading for delivery - VERY COOL!!

H

HHGT

As I was driving across the California desert I saw a truck load of Blk/Wht Chargers heading for delivery - VERY COOL!! Start studying what those front ends look like, could be deceiving!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Are these going to be new CHP interceptors?

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
If they can get a crown vic to catch me at 205mph... they deserve the privilege of taking me to jail.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I have seen a bunch of B&W chargers already in use. Last year in Deadwood SD the local fuz were driving around with Big O'le Smiles and very happy to show them off to the crowds. They were kinda cool.
The story I have been told by a local CHP friend is most law enforcement agencies try to stay away from front wheel drive cars. This is why with the death of the RWD Impalla's and CV's some have even gone to SUV's.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Here is what I found on the police depts use of the Charger.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/12/17/MTGRTN0JF71.DTL

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

TWO WORDS: ROAD BLOCK.:frown

THughes

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
Here is a link with some driving techniques that may come in useful trying to out run the radios.

http://news.windingroad.com/videos/video-how-soldiers-drive-in-iraq/

Ted

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Here is a link with some driving techniques that may come in useful trying to out run the radios.

http://news.windingroad.com/videos/video-how-soldiers-drive-in-iraq/

Ted

You have NO idea how many times I've yearned for a '53 Dodge Power Wagon with railroad ties mounted fore & aft - AND THE GUTS TO DO JUST WHAT THAT VIDEO SHOWS!!!!!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
M37's = Dodge 3/4 ton Military Power Wagons

You have NO idea how many times I've yearned for a '53 Dodge Power Wagon with railroad ties mounted fore & aft - AND THE GUTS TO DO JUST WHAT THAT VIDEO SHOWS!!!!!

I had 3 Dodge M37's [ranch trucks], wish I still had them so I could give one to you just to watch.:eek