Polaroid -> Apple

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

H

HHGT

For many leaders, ego plays a huge role in their lifely day to day existence. Standing on stage and having followers marvel at their worldly existence is a cocaine like euphoria. The products they produce is merely an ego delivery system. As much as I respected the man's business savvy and I am saddened by his or any other human's death, you can never compare him to the likes of Henry Ford. RIP!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Ford had an ego the size of Jupiter

He literally built a commune in the amazon that was like a Cult; not to mention mistresses, etc

It failed and cost Ford billions

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Ford had an ego the size of Jupiter

He literally built a commune in the amazon that was like a Cult; not to mention mistresses, etc

Fantastic.... I'd love a commune stuffed with mistresses. Top bloke.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I HAD forgotten about it. Totally.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Worth watching;

[video=youtube;m8zOIBLxb0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8zOIBLxb0Q&feature=related[/video]

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Fantastic.... I'd love a commune stuffed with mistresses. Top bloke.

Fordlandia is an almost forgotten chapter in Ford's history:
Hmmm... Waldolandia. I like it.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I have a photographic memory; if I have read something, I will recall it.

Memorized the 57 page 1970 Mercedes 600 Brochure when i was expelled from school at 6.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
I have a photographic memory; if I have read something, I will recall it.

Memorized the 57 page 1970 Mercedes 600 Brochure when i was expelled from school at 6.

Great car! Did your Dad own one? I had a 1970 300 SEL 6.3 for many years - it was my wife's daily driver. Engine and some of the systems are from the 600. It was a luxurious rocket ship - sure surprised a lot of people at traffic lights. Air suspension made speed bumps disappear!

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
For many leaders, ego plays a huge role in their lifely day to day existence. Standing on stage and having followers marvel at their worldly existence is a cocaine like euphoria. The products they produce is merely an ego delivery system. As much as I respected the man's business savvy and I am saddened by his or any other human's death, you can never compare him to the likes of Henry Ford. RIP!

So you're saying that simply to satisfy his insatiable need for recognition to feed his ego, Steve Jobs took over a company that was likely going to go out of business, taking a salary of $1 per year, and built it into the most valuable company in the world, with both the highest profits AND highest customer satisfaction in every category they compete in, and in his spare time, bought Pixar from George Lucas, and turned it into one of the most valuable movie companies before selling it to Disney?

Boy, that's a pretty good result for somebody with only ego-building in mind. Imagine how far he could have gone if the jerk hadn't let his ego get in the way!

Oh, I forgot, you think the millions and millions and millions and millions of us who like Apple's products are either too dumb to know any better, or we just want to join the Apple cult and be more like Steve.

Wait, I'm getting confused about exactly who has the ego problem.....

Anyway, I'm sure Mr. Jobs wouldn't mind not being compared to Henry Ford, who while he accomplished much and did some good things, had much uglier issues than simply his ego.

H

HHGT

Centerpunch, I could get into an argument and a pissing match with you, but I won't. My ego is too big!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Low self esteem is likely to bring failure, so I think everyone needs a little ego for success in life!

HHGT just sounds a bit envious that Steve Jobs was a better businessman and inventor than he is, or maybe Sam just needs a bigger ego to be more successful. :lol

H

HHGT

[video=youtube;m8zOIBLxb0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8zOIBLxb0Q&feature=related[/video]

Henry Ford, a Genius & Innovator - one of my many idols. If I was ever given the chance to come back in my next life and re-live someone else's life, Henry Ford would be on the top of my list.

H

HHGT

Low self esteem is likely to bring failure, so I think everyone needs a little ego for success in life!

HHGT just sounds a bit envious that Steve Jobs was a better businessman and inventor than he is, or maybe Sam just needs a bigger ego to be more successful. :lol

He definitely was a better businessman - he understood marketing. Ask my wife about my ego. :willy:willy

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Centerpunch, I could get into an argument and a pissing match with you, but I won't. My ego is too big!

I have the exact same problem!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
So you're saying that simply to satisfy his insatiable need for recognition to feed his ego, Steve Jobs took over a company that was likely going to go out of business, taking a salary of $1 per year, and built it into the most valuable company in the world, with both the highest profits AND highest customer satisfaction in every category they compete in, and in his spare time, bought Pixar from George Lucas, and turned it into one of the most valuable movie companies before selling it to Disney?

Boy, that's a pretty good result for somebody with only ego-building in mind. Imagine how far he could have gone if the jerk hadn't let his ego get in the way!

Oh, I forgot, you think the millions and millions and millions and millions of us who like Apple's products are either too dumb to know any better, or we just want to join the Apple cult and be more like Steve.

Wait, I'm getting confused about exactly who has the ego problem.....

Anyway, I'm sure Mr. Jobs wouldn't mind not being compared to Henry Ford, who while he accomplished much and did some good things, had much uglier issues than simply his ego.

well said and I agree.