Pininfarina Comments on the GT

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
After Ferrari started to do more in house design , design house Pininfarina looked for other avenues for their design team. 5 years ago they set up shop in Miami and have become an architectural design Powerhouse in South Florida..

I was invited to their five-year anniversary party at Curated Auto in Miami. After all the presentations and cake cutting finished Paulo Pininfarina had strolled outside and spent some time walking around the GT. He had some really nice comments about the Form and Function of the dramatic lines and clear-cut air flow of the amazing body...

He made many nice comments about the car which was very appreciated . He also told me years ago Henry Ford offered his father or grandfather a chance to be the lead designer at Ford but Pininfarina wanted to pursue his own designs.. I came away with some Pininfarina souvenirs ... a very fun night

Now I got me a official Pininfarina writin stick I guess I'll have to go design me somethin..:biggrin

Attachments

• 2018-07-20 00.39.27.jpg
    2018-07-20 00.39.27.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 395
  • 2018-07-20 00.40.28.jpg
    2018-07-20 00.40.28.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 390
  • 20180717_210910-1.jpg
    20180717_210910-1.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 393
  • 2018-07-20 00.41.39.jpg
    2018-07-20 00.41.39.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Perhaps he should design you some clothes. You need Heidi to take you shopping. Well done otherwise.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
When I was a little kid I liked lumpy farina.

Way cool Brian.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Easy Frank or I’ll post more pictures of your visit to Houston! Very Tacky! Great job Stormcat your leading the pack and setting the standards as a Ford GT Ambassador for Ford Motor Co. I always enjoy your post and the exciting appearances you make. Great Story! I’m just trying to keep up with you, Chip, Dave and others!

Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Cool experience Brian. Jealous.

Vince H

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Cool experience Brian. Jealous.

Vince H

What he said!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Was not aware pinifarina was no longer designing Ferrari’s! Make sense, Ferrari’s as of late no longer trend setting and generic!

Larry Coe

GT Owner
Aug 1, 2016
Boca Raton, FL
After Ferrari started to do more in house design , design house Pininfarina looked for other avenues for their design team. 5 years ago they set up shop in Miami and have become an architectural design Powerhouse in South Florida..

I was invited to their five-year anniversary party at Curated Auto in Miami. After all the presentations and cake cutting finished Paulo Pininfarina had strolled outside and spent some time walking around the GT. He had some really nice comments about the Form and Function of the dramatic lines and clear-cut air flow of the amazing body...

He made many nice comments about the car which was very appreciated . He also told me years ago Henry Ford offered his father or grandfather a chance to be the lead designer at Ford but Pininfarina wanted to pursue his own designs.. I came away with some Pininfarina souvenirs ... a very fun night

Now I got me a official Pininfarina writin stick I guess I'll have to go design me somethin..:biggrin

I want to get around like you one day with my GT

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Pretty cool Brian. Nice crossover of historic automotive icons you made happen.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I want to be like Brian when I grow up!

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Great he got to see your car.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
What he said!

I was in south Florida, I must be a schmuck, never get invited to cool stuff. Maybe I need to dress better...like you.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I was in south Florida, I must be a schmuck, never get invited to cool stuff. Maybe I need to dress better...like you.

You're a moving target. . If you're in the area just check in to see what's going on. Tomorrow is a Cars and Coffee at Prestige Imports in North Miami Beach. They got some cool stuff there come on out!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Brian,

- You are staying up too late.

- You do go to a lot of cool events with your car. Shows the crowning Ford vehicle off very well.

- Must have been a "Black Tie" event. Big step up from shorts. Where do you rent long pants in Miami?

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
You're a moving target. . If you're in the area just check in to see what's going on. Tomorrow is a Cars and Coffee at Prestige Imports in North Miami Beach. They got some cool stuff there come on out!

I am a moving target. I’m back in Northern Ohio today, headed to Columbus, Philly, and Detroit the next five days!

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
I had a chance to spend the day at their Italian headquarters a while back. They are doing a ton of cool projects. Well done Stormy