Picture of Installed Transaxle Cooler

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Can anyone post a picture of their transaxle cooler installed. I'm thinking of having my mechanics fabricate one using braided lines, etc. There are some pre-threaded holes on the passenger side frame rails near the oil tank. Are those used to mount the cooler? Makes sense to put it there since the brake air duct intake is there, with adequate ventillation. Also what are the overall dimensions of the radiator used for the oil cooler? Thanks, AC

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'm just exploring options at this time. I suspect the radiator is a aftermarket piece that Ford then attaches a few brackets and lines to. Like all the OEM add-on's and options, probably overpriced for what you get. The guys whom I trust with my cars have a great deal of experience with fabrication and restoration of airplanes, cars, and motorbikes. High grade aviation fuel lines and fittings would work to and from the tranny to the cooler. Just a matter of figuring out where and how to mount it. If I can get it done for a few hundred bucks vs. $1100, then it might be an option. If it's a headache I'll buy the OEM piece and bolt it on, add a quart or two of tranny oil, and be on my way.

AMER SPD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
I sent installed pics of my cooler to ByeEnzo via e-mail hoping he could figure a way to post them. The file said it was too large. I can install the cooler but I'm not smart enough to post the pictures! Ahhh! Sorry!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK