Pics of Ford GT "Roadster" GTX1

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
These are a few pics of the April 2006 Motor Trend magazine issue ( I highly recommend this issue for obvious reasons :wink ).

As most of you know it is a modification by Mark Gerisch of Genaddi Design Group ( www.vgdauto.com ).

The pics speak for themselves, enjoy.

GT_Roadster_upload.jpg

GT_Roadster_back_upload.jpg

Last edited:

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Real Deal

I sat in this car and looked it over very closely at a recent show. It's a fairly well done conversion and looks good. I've considered it, but fear the potential value degradation over time.

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
I want to see this car make an apperance in TD:U but I doubt it.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
It's not for everybody, but I think the GTX1 with the top on looks better than the GT. With or without the top, the GTX1 reveals a line you don't see in the GT - the gentle radius all the way from the rear spoiler to the passenger area. Check it out, it's subtly awesome.

Pipelion

Another cool mag had an article on the GTX1, the best pics I've seen, driving around South Beach Miami. Looked real cool. It's on the Barnes & Noble shelves but I can't remember the name.

Allan

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Kirby - I agree, that is an interesting line. It's a whole new clamshell isn't it?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
everything is cool except for those wheels...

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
I really don't care for it too much! Not to mention the structural integrity
of the car is seriously compromised!!! No thanks!

Nice color though!!
But damn those wheels :ack

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Neilda, the clamshell is a modification of the original, and Bman's comment of the structural integrity being seriously comprimised is a seriously misinformed opinion.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I would have guessed that the clamshell is redone totally rather than modified - not sure. I think it looks cool - I would be tempted if it could be done in the UK.

As to the torsional rigidity, it must have some impact I would have thought - it can't be a stiff can it?

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
Kirby Vieira said:
Neilda, the clamshell is a modification of the original, and Bman's comment of the structural integrity being seriously comprimised is a seriously misinformed opinion.

Maybe "seriously" is to strong of a word but the structural integrity is compromised.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Bman33 said:
Maybe "seriously" is to strong of a word but the structural integrity is compromised.

Perhaps, but it's not as though most of the guys getting the conversion, and I'm one, are planning on "racing" their GT's. :willy

I'm getting it cuz it looks AWESOME!!!

Regarding resale value, hell, I don't buy exotic cars as investments. I plan on logging bookoo miles enjoying them :thumbsup

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
kjslider said:
I plan on logging bookoo miles enjoying them :thumbsup

I do too, but a lot will be at a track days :biggrin .. Besides the flexing of the car god forbid there was a roll over in the GTX1.

I'm not knocking it, just pointing out some facts. To each his own! WHATEVER you do enjoy it!! :cheers

Pipelion

Kjslider,

How long does the convertion take? Will you be able to be GTLESS that long?

Allan :biggrin

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Allan,

Genaddi needs the car for two weeks. They're up in Wisconsin and I'm in SoCal so figure a week each way for transportation. That's four weeks.

Mark Gerisch(Genaddi) states on his website that they want to start production first part of June doing 10 car batches every two weeks. I'm 23rd in line so that puts me me in the 3rd batch which should be the first 2 weeks of July.

-Kent

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I plan to spend some time with Mark Gerisch at the Barrett-Jackson in West Palm Beach this weekend and will get the answers to many of these questions. Many people don't realize his car is a prototype developed in concert with Ford engineering, and Mark's credentials and skills as a coachbuilder are about as good as it gets in the US. The production car will be considerably more finished than his prototype, which is a pretty decent piece of work itself. I believe a GT40 Roadster won a significant race (Sebring?) in the mid 1960's. At any rate, people are not going to buy his conversion with the primary intention of tracking it, but Mark probably will, as he is a track guy and he's been deep into the 650 RWHP of the prototype.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Guys they did many things to keep the structural integrity of the car, they added many things, pick up the article :wink

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Does any9one know exactly where they store the parts of the roof?

Pipelion

Sawsall + Ford GT = $39K

Priceless.

Don't get sensitive on me, the sight of a guy with a sawsall chopping on a new car is a sight not many will see. :frown

Allan :biggrin

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
The roof panels are placed in soft storage bags and stored behind the seats and in the Bonnet.