Passenger door unlock?

Tiny

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Silicon Valley
only 125 miles on the car :) and last night after a short drive and into the garage I wanted to clean the windshield inside on the passenger side (you see all that stuff with sunset light on your glass :)...anyway, the electric door switch on the passenger side did nothing, no sound, nothing, tried unlock, lock, unlock on the key fob and no change, got in on the drivers side and leaned over and open the passenger door with the inside handle...after that the electric door switch worked again????

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
As you know, the outside GT door switches are electric. Unlike a traditional car, there is no solenoid moving a lock mechanism. Instead, the GT's ECU either enables or disables the external electric door switch - so you won't hear a thing. Not sure what may have happened in your case. I wouldn't worry about it if all is working well now.

Tiny

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Silicon Valley
thanks...yeah working but strange...and yes I was aware of how they work but there is an audible sound of the latch releasing when you hit the door switch (when it works :)
As you know, the outside GT door switches are electric. Unlike a traditional car, there is no solenoid moving a lock mechanism. Instead, the GT's ECU either enables or disables the external electric door switch - so you won't hear a thing. Not sure what may have happened in your case. I wouldn't worry about it if all is working well now.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Gotta press the unlock button twice I believe on the key fob to get the passenger door unlocked

Tiny

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Silicon Valley
ah, I'll try that....thanks Shelby!

Gotta press the unlock button twice I believe on the key fob to get the passenger door unlocked