Parking Sensors

H

HHGT

Has anyone installed after market backup sensors (the kind you see on newer cars) to aid in parking. I have gotten real close to concrete front and back and it made my stomach tight every time. Installing on the back mesh under the bumpers without drilling should not be a problem. The front is a bit tricky.

Ideas?????

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
When I attended Sema I looked at license plate frames that contained the sensor and a camera. I stopped my search after visiting every both looking for a rear view mirror with a monitor and a built in interior light. I could not find such a mirror and won't give up the interior light for the monitor... sorry I can't be of help.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
post from FB GT40 on another thread.....

Camera

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spent lots of money on a rearview camera. Monitor built into the mirror. Bottom line - it's 15% useful. I will be replacing it with the stock mirror to get back the interior lights I lost.

G.

H

HHGT

I personally do not care about a camera. I have the audible warning system that came stock with the Escalade which also has yellow & red diodes.

H

HHGT

I personally do not care about a camera. I have the audible warning system that came stock with the Escalade which also has yellow & red diodes. I just want someting that tells me how close I am to the curb!

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Parking Sensors in Hawaii

HHGT said:
Has anyone installed after market backup sensors (the kind you see on newer cars) to aid in parking. I have gotten real close to concrete front and back and it made my stomach tight every time. Installing on the back mesh under the bumpers without drilling should not be a problem. The front is a bit tricky.

Ideas?????

A friend has installed front and rear sensors on his GT and likes them very much. He is an ace mechanic and has completed the installation without any visible holes. He is not computer literate but I will get details from him if you are interested.

prmoldoaks

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2006
A supercar (race car) with parking sensors what ever next, cruise control????

H

HHGT

HiloDave said:
A friend has installed front and rear sensors on his GT and likes them very much. He is an ace mechanic and has completed the installation without any visible holes. He is not computer literate but I will get details from him if you are interested.

Yes please.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
prmoldoaks said:
A supercar (race car) with parking sensors what ever next, cruise control????
Cup holders! :banana :banana

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
HHGT said:
Yes please.
Will do. I will see him in the next week or so and will take pictures for you.

H

HHGT

HiloDave said:
Will do. I will see him in the next week or so and will take pictures for you.

Thanks!

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Hey guys,

Any updates on the parking sensors? I am interested too. Thanks!

Gaby

Tonycan

GT Owner
Jul 23, 2006
I tried the "mirror camera" but too big and did not like loss of interior lights. Instead, I installed a swivel mount monitor coupled to cameras in front and back with switch capability on the monitor. Probably not as good as sensors, but I also coupled it with Chase Cam digitial recorder and processor for use at the track. Hope some of you find this useful, since I have found many of your ideas helpful.

Attachments

• Monitor Open, No pic.jpg
    Monitor Open, No pic.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 224
  • Monitor Closed.jpg
    Monitor Closed.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 227

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Cup holders! :banana :banana

I'd love to have somewhere to put my drink in my car... in fact, I'm thinking about fabbing up something to go on the floor, just in front of the seat that I can set my drink cup in without worrying about it spilling.

mardyn

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Genaddi has cupholders.

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
Rear backing sensors??? If you wanted MODERN conveniences you should have bought a BMW.

Yogi

Photographer
Aug 28, 2006
Green Bay, WI
I just wanted to chime in and say that we do offer the backup camera system for the GT. It works out really slick, we take the stock or even upgraded stereo head unit out, cut the bezel and add a double din head unit. Depending on what satelite service the owner chooses we then add the new head unit with a video screen where the backup camera can be displayed. This head unit multi tasks as not only the backup screen and navigation system, it also plays and stores MP3's. You gotta love technology!

http://gtbdoor.com/ Follow this link to our complete list of options. Did I mention you can find cup holders here as well?

Have a great day!!!

H

HHGT

Rear backing sensors??? If you wanted MODERN conveniences you should have bought a BMW.

Hey Jim, If I was you I would get a back up camera for your A$$, after all you do live in Laguna Beach. :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Edson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 28, 2007
Santa Monica
Yogi,

Do you have any more photos of the double din stereo upgrade?

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I got a back up camera (that Yogi mentions) that works real nice.