Pantera for sale does this seem.....

CBReFLeX

Jul 3, 2007
Port Charlott FL
I cant quite afford a GT yet but I have been looking at Pantera's, does this seem right I mean price and stuff. Looks pretty clean but looks loke its been driven more than they claim and not sure about the 30 years in Storage either.

http://www.pim.net/July62007DeTroit.html

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Read carefully, that car is ready for a full off restoration. Make sure it is carefully checked for rust by someone that really knows Pantera's. There are several areas where water accumulates and prone to rusting out. Good luck, the dealer is a know respected agent.

CBReFLeX

Jul 3, 2007
Port Charlott FL
Yeah Im not going to dive on anything yet, I would rather find one local so I can put my hands on it first. Thanks Bony for taking the time to look for me.:cheers

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
1971 Pantera from Detroit

I am pretty familiar with this car. I used to have a '72 Pantera, and run the local Pantera Club in the Detroit area. The last time I saw this car run under it's own power was over thirty years ago - somewhere, I think I have a picture of it at a picnic outing we had with the Shelby Club.

I know the previous owner well - he is on the Board of Directors of the local SAAC Region with me. The car has indeed been sitting in a garage for that long. It's a very solid car that has been sitting apart for many years. The owner pulled off the suspension and brakes to do some upgrades, and never put it back together. Last time I looked at it (Jan. 2005), it was still sitting on blocks in his garage with no suspension or brakes (and boxes & boxes of new parts on a table in the basement) on it.

regards,

Jeff

avant

GT Owner
Apr 22, 2007
calgary, canada
looks like 114000 miles!

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
I cant quite afford a GT yet but I have been looking at Pantera's, does this seem right I mean price and stuff.
http://www.pim.net/July62007DeTroit.html

I thought that way too once. Then I bought a Pantera for 17k, needed fixing up...150k and 10 years later I have a hell of a Pantera. Save your money and go buy the GT.