Paint/Bodywork

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
Has anyone had any minor paint work performed at a ford (Ford Gt Authorized) dealorship? What was the quality of work performed?

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
What particular market?

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
Tampa. Minor,I hope, work on front end. Tail pipe ding to very front of my GT; backing up a car into the garage and dinging the front end of the GT with tail pipes jetting out from other vehicle. Car cover was on and seems like just paint chipped off - about 1 cm in diameter piece.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Ouch. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully someone in or near Tampa can help you.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
There is only one answer
GO TO THE GT GUYS /RICH AND DENNIS

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Sounds like you have a garage in which you can/do park cars "two deep"?

If that indeed is the case, may I suggest you hang a rubber ball by a string from the ceiling ahead of the GT so that when the car you're backing in MOVES the ball/string you know to "whoa"? :wink :cheers

Some type of removable "parking curb" on the floor...a sheet of plywood mounted vertically in front of the GT...or a dozen other things would work, too. But, the suspended ball is pbly the simplest/easiest of any.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
" the suspended ball is pbly the simplest/easiest of any."

a bit kinky, but what the hey-what ever works for ya!:bow

We suspended a tennis ball from the rafters for Grandma to use as a parking guide. Worked well for her.

---However the grand kids put a it to use with a racket. Big oops, $400 winshield went on my acount. Never considered a 5 year old had the arm strength and reach to swing hard enough to crack the glass.:ack

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
Thanks guys for the input. Now if I can jjust that beauty repaired!

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
The gargage should be off limits to anything but your GT. :biggrin

Or have your wife stand between the two cars .................. AUDIBLE ALARM :willy

--

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Try Superior Auto Body on 49th Street in Pinellas Park (727-525-7885). It's across the Bay from Tampa but they do excellent work. They have experience with aluminum cars although from your description it sounds like no metal was involved.. I've been told they do much of the body work for the high end European car dealers. They just repaired a bumper on my JCW Mini Cooper. They aren't cheap but they are good and stand behind their work. I would let them repair my GT if necessary. Good luck with the repair and let me know if I can be of assistance.

Last edited:

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
Thanks for that info. I will def. give feedback if I go that route. Gathering info at this point.
Regards

Jan A. Byrd

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
Percy IL
Come to Southern IL and I'll fix it for you. Jan.
HPIM0267.jpg