Owner

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
I live in Monaco. I hve purchased a Black 05' GT and wass happy with it. I hve now just purchase a tungsten 06' GT and hve noticed that the engine is "lazy" especially in the low RPM range AND LACKS OF POWER. The vehicle is certified for California. Do somebody knows if there is a difference or what is the difference between the 05' and 06' models or if the tuning is different for California ?
tks

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
No difference is the answer to both of your questions. All GTs ('05 & '06) are 50-state vehicles, as opposed to 49-state vehicles with a unique varient intended for CA. Also, '05 & '06 engines are presumable the same. You may want to have the car checked. Does it run "normal" otherwise?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Yup, the silver ones are slower.....

Just kidding - as mentioned above, they are the same the world over - or at least they should be. Silly question, but what is the mileage on both cars? If the silver one is literally brand new, it might answer that question.

Curious why you have two too!

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Stevo,

There were some posts on this forum in the past about the cars being programmed to run with less horsepower for the first fifty miles to save the engine from being damaged by those driving it while in transit to owners. I'm not sure if this is accurate. As per Neils post how many miles are on the car?

Rob

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
nota4re said:
No difference is the answer to both of your questions. All GTs ('05 & '06) are 50-state vehicles, as opposed to 49-state vehicles with a unique varient intended for CA. Also, '05 & '06 engines are presumable the same. You may want to have the car checked. Does it run "normal" otherwise?
tks
Yes, normal. Just slow in getting the RPM and less HP. The blower is noisier and exhaust smoother.

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
Neilda said:
Yup, the silver ones are slower.....

Just kidding - as mentioned above, they are the same the world over - or at least they should be. Silly question, but what is the mileage on both cars? If the silver one is literally brand new, it might answer that question.

Curious why you have two too!
3200 mi on the '05 and 1800 mi on the '06. The '05 is for sale (I prefer the tungsten) and I'm seriously thinking to swap the engines !

Last edited:

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
tks. 3200 mi on the '05 and 1800 mi on the '06. I hve two GTs as I always wanted the tungsten one but was not available in '05. Now the black one is for sale...

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Why don't you perform some simple, measured acceleration runs to see if there really is a difference? Make sure each car is warmed up and then time a run from 20-90mph or something similar where you don't have to shift.

Jot down the numbers and try it in the other car. It could be that the difference is just in your head because of the exhaust sound differences, etc?

Also, if you do find a difference, I would first try resetting the '06 computer and repeating the test. If this still doesn't do the trick, I would swap the computers between the two cars. This is far easier than swapping the engines, and I'd bet $ that the difference is not mechanical - it's electronic (if at all). Best of luck. Let us know what happens.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Isn't Roush the European rep? Surely they have people that should be available to resolve this issue?

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Stevo, that does sound very strange - Roush are a bit of a distance from Monaco, so difficult to get sorted.

If you wanted a comparison, I am going to be in Gordes (110 miles West of you) in August for a couple of weeks with my GT if you wanted to hook up and have a try of mine?

It's red, so is likely to be quite a lot faster....! :biggrin

Let me know if you're around and we can swap phone numbers. Neil.

stevo

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Monaco
Yesss, with great pleasure. I'm not sure if I'm in MC during all month (I will be in Montenegro) but will certainly be here end August. Wud be a pleasure to hve lunch of dinner in Gordes or around (will find a nice place...).
My email stevo@libello.com

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Will mail you!

You clearly like places that start with Mon....!