Other than the GT what 6 cylinder vehicles would you want in your garage/collection?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
CBX....very cool.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ferrari 156 F1 Sharknose

One of my favorite V6 engines is the Ferrari 156 engine - the banks were spread by 120°.

View attachment 37875

View attachment 37876

View attachment 37885

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
CBX....very cool.

'Had one for 25 years. 'Hafta agree. (Good luck finding NOS parts for 'em these days though...)

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Richard Hammond isn't angry all the time.

CBX very neat machine. Remember the KZ1300 that came shortly after?

Are you going to get a FGT?

I'm wondering why you are even posing these questions.

What do they have to do with Ford GTs?

"I've had several memorable drives years ago starting outside London and ending up in the beautiful Welsh countryside where a friend has a large estate/farm. This is the car you hear "over the hills and far away" before you can see it. I raced my bro Cozy once in one of Bonzo's Jensens and he drove a Griffith(V8) and we carved many roads in Wales along the way."

Ok. So? Yeah, I've driven all over the UK too. It's nice.

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Richard Hammond isn't angry all the time.

CBX very neat machine. Remember the KZ1300 that came shortly after?

Yup, and now the BMW K1600, but they just don't have the same presence as an old CBX.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Love the CBX as previously stated and this is only a 4, but the Z1R is my absolute all time favorite bike. The sound it made with a Kerker exhaust and those straight cut gears....pure music to my ears. I had just purchased a new '78 CB 750F and a few months later Kawasaki released the Z1R...and man was I jealous. OK, sorry for the high jack.

Attachments

• z1r.jpg
    z1r.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
A RAM megacab diesel dually (2013 with a Cummins 6) is the only 6 cylinder I have ever owned.

Normally, I think very poorly of any Chrysler product. Always a Class B manufacturer IMO.

I had been waiting for the new redesign of the 2017 Superduty and just stumbled across some uncamouflaged pics on Jalopinik. Damn it is hideous.

http://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/2017-ford-f-250-super-duty-heres-the-first-real-pictur-1691057669

I might just have to join you and the all the others jumping to the Ram from the Superduty as much as I really, really hate to say it. :frown

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
Not to thread drift here Steve but Google Sanctuary Kawasak and look at the images. Not much sounds better than an open Kerker piped Kawi.

Love the CBX as previously stated and this is only a 4, but the Z1R is my absolute all time favorite bike. The sound it made with a Kerker exhaust and those straight cut gears....pure music to my ears. I had just purchased a new '78 CB 750F and a few months later Kawasaki released the Z1R...and man was I jealous. OK, sorry for the high jack.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Not much sounds better than an open Kerker piped Kawi.

Try a Kerker piped CBX!

My CBX was thus equipped!

'Sounded like a #10 tin can filled with a god-awful number of R-E-A-L-L-Y ticked off hornets!

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
So I ask what other 6 cylinder vehicles would you like in your garage/collection?

911 Porsche 1996 or 1997 Twin Turbo- Nah, how about the Honda Accord :lol :lol :lol

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I'd also take perfectly restored/maintained '73 911RS. And a Honda CBX.

Who wouldn't. ?

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu
Well just catching up..

Empty Pockets: I sort of straddle the fence but at one time I would state the same as you do. And I have read your comments with interest on this topic. Since Ford is going to produce a 6 I was wondering what other 6 cylinder cars members might like in their garages. The three which I thought would come up were any various Porsches, NSX, and Jaguar XJ 220. Some really good answers and I didn't even think of the CBX and I did state vehicle.

And SpecRacer and his Cadillac Cimarron. lol

The new NSX will be a twin turbo 6 with three electric motors sort of taking after the Porsche 918 and how it uses the electric motors. Anyone interested in that?

Well Xcentric I only really read a small fraction of entries let alone threads but I'm not an expert as you are on the Ford GT. You are aware of some of the intial comments about a Ford Supercar powered by a six. You ask:

What do they have to do with Ford GTs?

Obviously it went over your head but a six cylinder does not mean it's not an interesting vehicle or whatever term you wish to describe it. A six does not make it a bad car. So I wanted to see what other 6 bangers members like. And glad you had some nice drives too post them. Actually the references were for several friends on this board. Over the Hills & Far away was a reference to a Zeppelin song and the other reference was the actual destination of a members farm.