Original tires off my '05, 207 miles, climate control kept

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I had Rich B replace my 05's original tires and when he shipped me the car he sent the original tires too, and while I have the space for them I don't think I'll ever need them. They look absolutely perfect, inside and out, have 207 miles on them and the car was kept in climate control. The original owner who I bought the car from, now retired, says "I was a rubber and plastics chemist" and says he looked all over the tires with some special light he has and sees no cracks or deterioration, and said unless I was going racing (nope) he would not replace them. Well, I decided to anyway; more money than brains? Not sure. Anyway, make an offer. I'm in Gainesville FL 32607.

Pics coming ...

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Good you replaced them. 15 yrs old is way too old for a car that you are driving, especially cars with this much power and lack of traction control. I change mine every 5 yrs give or take, usually due to age, not wear.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I have mine and original wheels in storage. I did have an extra set of tires and sold them on a Porsche site. Believe the fronts fit certain 911s.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
If FGT's turn out to be like Gen I Shelbys, at concours events being held in 35 years, Having date correct tires may make the difference between first and second place.

They only get driven pushed from the trailer to the event so safety is not a concern.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
35 years, huh .. I'll be 86 .. if I make it.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Trash

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Those tires are junk! Not for road use. If your a show car guy save them for that only
The number one cause of highway accidents and fatalities is out of date tires.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
113 - doubtful ( I do have my tires though )

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Those tires are junk! Not for road use. If your a show car guy save them for that only
The number one cause of highway accidents and fatalities is out of date tires.

One man's junk ... ? :unsure:

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
113 - doubtful ( I do have my tires though )

You lost me ... ? :unsure:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
You lost me ... ? :unsure:

78 + 35 = 113

When original tires become valuable on the show circuit.

😎

Reactions: extrap

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Ah! (y) :LOL: :cool:

Reactions: 2112