• 2501 or more

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The poll that now appears at the top of this post has no real answer. The reason is similar to that of the dilemma contained in the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. The answers will be from a subset of forum members who choose to answer, leaving out all of those who don't come here frequently enough to see it, and even moreso, the owners who don't even know that the question was asked (ie, in Alpha Centauri).

It's an interesting question, but I wouldn't use it to gauge my chances on getting a point in the purchase of the new GT

My guess is that there are probably on the lower side of 1500 or so. I'd bias it down for salvage, stolen, etc. but then bias it up for the extras that were purchased and locked away.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I am guessing and my vote goes for option # 2. 501-1000. Original owner and current owner of two.. In case SteveA asks anyone I am no longer living in S. Fla..:secret::secret:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The poll that now appears at the top of this post has no real answer. The reason is similar to that of the dilemma contained in the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. The answers will be from a subset of forum members who choose to answer, leaving out all of those who don't come here frequently enough to see it, and even moreso, the owners who don't even know that the question was asked (ie, in Alpha Centauri).

It's an interesting question, but I wouldn't use it to gauge my chances on getting a point in the purchase of the new GT

My guess is that there are probably on the lower side of 1500 or so. I'd bias it down for salvage, stolen, etc. but then bias it up for the extras that were purchased and locked away.

Maybe we can ask that Cantrell guy who mailed out the letters !!.. :lol

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
How is Original owner determined? There were cars sold at the dealer on MSO and the Ford Motor Company start date was recorded with Ford. Is the person that Bought the cars and re sold them on MSO with old start date the Original owner and the persons that bought it from him considered the second owner in Ford Motor Company's eyes? I bought mine in 2008 from the original dealer and received a start date of 7-2008 and bumper to bumper warranty until 7-2011 and am an Original owner. Some have said if the car buyer's money did not go to Ford the they are not original owner and that is why the new application process is being used? Just something I have wondered and not sure the correct answer. I would guess # 3, Between 500 and 1,000
If no one owned it before you!!!!!!!Other than Ford Motors!
Are you really asking this question?????

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
2BJ's, as I stated in post #13, I wasn't taking a roll call of original and continued owners rather looking for an opinion from forum regulars as what that number might be. By the way are you convinced yet that a car is actually being made and will be homologated ("we would have seen prototypes") in time to race at Le Mans in 2016? :biggrin

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
2BJ's, as I stated in post #13, I wasn't taking a roll call of original and continued owners rather looking for an opinion from forum regulars as what that number might be. By the way are you convinced yet that a car is actually being made and will be homologated ("we would have seen prototypes") in time to race at Le Mans in 2016? :biggrin

Remember when that was all the rave, everyone believed cars would already be shipping. They ain't. It will race in 2016 but do so before homologation is complete ("we promise to deliver cars to end users before the next race"). According to 2015 rules, homologation of a CF tub requires 300 units, which exceeds first year production limit :) 2016 rules will probably change that too.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
So is there going to be a car or not?:lol

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
So is there going to be a car or not?:lol
Well of course there is a car. I'm not sure what you mean otherwise. Wishful thinkers were contemplating a car in their garage by Christmas 2015. Reality is closer to Christmas 2016.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
There are exactly 1,022 original owner cars still in original owner hands.

There will not be a new Ford GT. This January at the NAIAS, Ford will announce that the GT shown last year was a marketing concept study designed to see if the general public has a pulse, or in fact, really wants driverless technology, as is the current thought. Ford will instead be building more GT350R's to satisfy demand and they will be entered in a new class to be established at LeMans which favors NA cars with engine displacements > 5.0L.

That is all. ;-))

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
85 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot. We have established this on this Forum many times.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
:facepalm: Steve.............no matter how SIMPLE a question truly is, there's always going to be someone throwing a turd in the punchbowl.

~1000

Original and current owner of a SoCal 2006 Black Stripe delete FGT that has not been sullied up in the Great White North of Idahooooo!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Original and current owner of 2006 R/W with 16k miles.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
85 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot. We have established this on this Forum many times.

If that was in reference to my comments, I can only tell you that I heard it right from the horses mouth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 111

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I don't like to respond to polls such as this that are open to the public - If it was in the Owner's Section or the Subscribed Members, which are not open to the public, I would feel better about responding.

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Apple Ford's owner, who apparently decided he didn't want to keep the GT for himself, listed my '06 on ebay in the Fall of 2006. I was the second high bidder, however the high bid was pulled and I was offered the never driven car new in the wrapper at my bid. I bought within that brief window in late '06 where they were selling under MSRP. It had the exact livery and options I was looking for. I flew from Boston to PA and was met at the airport by the Apple Ford van and driven to the dealership where the car was waiting for the attachment of my plates. The drive from PA back to MA is a memory I will never forget.

It's hard to believe that was 9 years ago. I still have my White with Blue Stripes 4 option car and don't foresee ever selling it. It will stay in the family.

usmcfred

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
original and only owner delivered august 2006. 23000mikes and still can't believe how lucky I am to have this car.