One of only two Canadian GT's and with 700 HP :-)

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Perfect example of when not to be interviewed!

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
A perfect example of who should not get a car!

Joe

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
My local dealer applied however he is a small dealership. He would be like this. He is NOT a car guy. Of course, he didn't get one either.

Gosh, I just keep wondering what's the "cost" is going to be to get one in the next few years if I don't get one next go around. Sort of like a post I was reading not too long ago. Just a few years back, a guy wanted a Miura, but couldn't afford one. Now he has money, but not what a current Miura is going for.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
"And it will go like a duck shot in the ass."

Gentlemen,

Speaking from extensive personal experience, when I shoot a duck in the ass, they stop going.

Chip

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Gentlemen,

Speaking from extensive personal experience, when I shoot a duck in the ass, they stop going.

Chip

Ok, now that there was funny!

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Gentlemen,

Chip

Exactly! Chip I guess you and I are better with a shotgun! LOL!

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Im not a technical guy either, but jeez. :facepalm:

All good, car looks stellar in that combo so give them that.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Gentlemen,

Chip
Priceless Chip!!! hahahahahha

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
So let me get this straight. This guy gets one of the very few GT's staying in Canada, and has no f$%king clue about any details about the car. Where has he been for the past 4 years.....does this guy not even pick up a car magazine or read any car forums????

So I would give away my child to get a new GT ( for the record I have no children) and this guy barely even knows it's a Ford....but he gets one.

I think something is very wrong with how the cars were awarded in Canada.

Even if you did get a new GT, it would eventually be reduced to nothing but molten carbon fiber as the sun slowly engulfs the earth.

Enjoy arbys

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Even if you did get a new GT, it would eventually be reduced to nothing but molten carbon fiber as the sun slowly engulfs the earth.

Enjoy arbys

I like the matte black.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Enjoy arbys

Lol!

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
All Triple Crown dealers (won President's Award, Premier Club, and One Hundred Club or Lincoln Leaders Club in the same year), were awarded a GT. Other dealers were allowed to apply but not guaranteed a car.
An extremely limited number of dealers were awarded cars purely on the basis of hitting sales and service metrics.

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
All Triple Crown dealers (won President's Award, Premier Club, and One Hundred Club or Lincoln Leaders Club in the same year), were awarded a GT. Other dealers were allowed to apply but not guaranteed a car.

Apparently product knowledge is not a requirement to win any awards.

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Right now there is a foot of snow and -15C and I am anticipating my GT delivery next year between Oct 24 and Nov 24, but on the bright side I got all winter to get the expel treatment on her. Might have to knock a wall out of the shack and put her in the games room. LOL

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Gentlemen,

Chip

Must have been referring to Donald Duck and Goofy.

fecarman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 18, 2007
Why would a dealer want to bone up on product knowledge for a car he will probably never see? It's like studying for a college class that you are not going to take. I guess your point is, that a dealer should educate the masses about the GT? I think that Ford and Multimatic have done a pretty good job of educating the world on the new Ford GT. If that Canadian dealer was allocated a new GT, he is doing a hell of a job for Ford, selling and servicing their products. Triple Crown dealers are a rarity. My hat is off to this dealer even if he is not a GT expert. He is way too busy selling and servicing cars and trucks that he can actually get from Ford Motor Company. I don't think that one Ford GT will change his lifestyle.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Why would a dealer want to bone up on product knowledge for a car he will probably never see? It's like studying for a college class that you are not going to take. I guess your point is, that a dealer should educate the masses about the GT? I think that Ford and Multimatic have done a pretty good job of educating the world on the new Ford GT. If that Canadian dealer was allocated a new GT, he is doing a hell of a job for Ford, selling and servicing their products. Triple Crown dealers are a rarity. My hat is off to this dealer even if he is not a GT expert. He is way too busy selling and servicing cars and trucks that he can actually get from Ford Motor Company. I don't think that one Ford GT will change his lifestyle.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
It won't change his lifestyle, but he is keeping it from someone that truly cares about it.

Joe

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I think the guy did a very nice job, and a great example of 'Canadian Nice!'

Perhaps some don't get it, but this GT wasn't 'purchased' by this guy. He was simply rewarded for doing an excellent job. He's obviously not a car nut like all of here, but maybe he's just better at being a 'car dealer' as we talked about in another thread.

.......bet he'd be a fantastic neighbor!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
.......bet he'd be a fantastic neighbor!

Great analogy, I totally agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro