One Of 101...

GT703

GT Owner
Oct 17, 2005
Pennsylvania
Hi Guys,

I have some experience with backup cameras and have sucessfully used a Clarion unit in a couple of Lambo Murcielagos where heat was an issue. The cameras are made of aluminum, larger than most, and weren't cheap. I will see if they are still available and how they might fit on a GT. In the Lambos, we put them behind the honeycomb rear grilles over the exhaust and had no heat issues. The cars were Athlete-owned so I can't say how hard they were driven.......but these Clarion units are well-built unlike most others. As far as a monitor is concerned, almost anything worth using will probably "rice up" the interior.

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
Snow is falling....

Attachments

• CIMG5279-1.JPG
    CIMG5279-1.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 5,134
  • CIMG5301-1.JPG
    CIMG5301-1.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 3,181
  • CIMG5283-1.JPG
    CIMG5283-1.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 2,950

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
great pictures, got down to 68F today and a little rain. Stay warm and safe.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
One of 19 (GER) said:
Snow is falling....

... as someone said before (on this forum !), let me quote: '...ass shots are the greatest, man !' :biggrin

car looks real great, even camouflaged as skislope...

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
cheers, boys :cheers[/QUOTE]

Hi SLF 360,
as mentioned you intend to drive the GT in Europe next year.
You should be aware that Ford of Europe refuses to give any
warrenty on GTs delivered in America.Viceversa the 101 european cars have no warant in America.

By the way, my car still throws out oil by overpressurevalve of the gearbox. Does anyone have the same problem - any solution?

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
To 1 of 19-
I almost hate to suggest this, but assuming the gear case is not overfilled,

Maybe you could make a breather hose, that goes from the overpressure valve, down to a catch can?

Also, maybe an anti-foaming agent might help? And/or maybe upgrade to a higher quality gear lubricant?

Is the overpressure valve located on the highest part of the gearbox? If not, maybe it should be relocated to an area least subject to frothing and foaming.

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
just an up date on your warranty concerns !
any work that you have done in europe, you must pay for the repairs, and submit them to the usa selling dealer
from what i'm told, the usa selling dealer will cover warranty costs while you are in europe

sam
#1451 red/white
ps--just got this message as well, pertaining to the venting issue !
"Have seen a few cars with vent leaks. The fix is a simple as Installing a washer under the vent to space the vent upward approximately 1/8 of an inch."

Last edited:

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
samthejeepman said:
just an up date on your warranty concerns !
any work that you have done in europe, you must pay for the repairs, and submit them to the usa selling dealer
from what i'm told, the usa selling dealer will cover warranty costs while you are in europe
I believe this is a good message for SLF360
Thank you :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Regarding the warranty issue, I ran into this with a grey market Porsche. It was a nasty fight that took a lawyer letter to get Porsche to cover an obvious production line issue resolved. Porsche was trying to stop the brokers who were selling places in the production line on car. Wonder what Ford's reasoning is?

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Si, mi piace cosi !

One of 19 (GER) said:
I believe this is a good message for SLF360
Thank you :cheers
1 of 19, indeed it is !
And, while there, I plan to drive it with the Florida plates (GT40 SL) on the Autobahn with the open US-offroad headers into the Borla (so you can hear me coming :biggrin ), beefed up pulley and so on (all very TUEV friendly installed in US of A), so when YOU have to step on the breakes because of Radartraps and drivers license fears, I'll thunder by and very relaxed wait for the 'Polizei-Flaschenpost' to arrive in FtLauderdale, eventually (.. won't bother me much, ya know) :lol :lol :lol

So watch out for the Blue one coming up from behind around Frankfurter Kreuz heading Koeln West, buddy ! :thumbsup

PS: Can't wait to give the fifth and sixth gears real meaning, amigos ...

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
Merry christmas and a happy new year from Germany.
One of 19(GER) :cheers

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
same to you and yours as well as all our "gt" family members
many happy miles in the coming year

http://www.reuters.hu/card_dom/index_content.html

sam
#1451 red/white

Last edited:

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
Merry Christmas to everybody!

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
more snow pictures for svtperformance-forum

One of 19 (GER) said:
Snow is falling....
Sorry, 1. attachment should be this:

Attachments

• CIMG5276b.JPG
    CIMG5276b.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 139
Last edited by a moderator:

1of19(GER)

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Germany
more snow pictures for svtperformance-forum

One of 19 (GER) said:
Snow is falling....
1. picture ; another car which was doing the same
for the past 2 years
2.picture; the GT is on the road again
3.picture (movie) the GT was dirty because I...... :beer:

http://videos.streetfire.net/player.aspx?fileid=59F62B9F-7ACA-4D41-87D0-CCE460FD37E7

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
wow...got to do that at least once in my life...bravo!