"One Lap Billy" YouTube Channel

BillyJRacing

GT Owner
Oct 3, 2018
Hey guys,

I just started a YouTube channel: "One Lap Billy".

These videos will typically be of me setting a lap time on my first lap EVER in a bunch of different cars. I will also talk about my impressions on each car and sometimes go over some lap data analysis. Let me know what you think and if this interests you, hit the "Subscribe" button!

Intro:

Breaking the Viper ACR's Track Record in a McLaren 600LT:

720S vs 600LT:

Enjoy!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Excellent!!!!

Reactions: BillyJRacing

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Cant wait to see what you have in store Billy J.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Subscribed! Your track record at Buttonwillow was amazingly quick. Was that a lap at 10/10ths, or a smidge less since you wouldn't want to have an "incident" in a client's car?

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
👍🏻

BillyJRacing

GT Owner
Oct 3, 2018
Subscribed! Your track record at Buttonwillow was amazingly quick. Was that a lap at 10/10ths, or a smidge less since you wouldn't want to have an "incident" in a client's car?
Thanks! I've done a lot of benchmark testing for Ford, back to back testing competitor cars against Ford's and getting everything out of them within a lap or two. This is quite difficult but it's a special skill set that I've developed over my career. If you haven't watched my channels intro video, I go into a little more detail.

Because of this, I'm pretty comfortable doing this in these supercars, and based off the data analysis, I'm well within half a second of the car's outright ability given the tires/alignment/conditions.

Some of my clients are within a few seconds of my lap time, so I need to set a benchmark time of what the car is capable of to coach them how to get the last couple seconds.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Billy,
What type of DAQ system are you using? Do you use it consistently for each of these One Laps?

BillyJRacing

GT Owner
Oct 3, 2018
Billy,
What type of DAQ system are you using? Do you use it consistently for each of these One Laps?
I use a Motec for most of my instruction, and setting these benchmark laps for my clients. Based off of the positive response of the data analysis, I will probably do more overlays in future episodes.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I watch the g-meter on your videos too. Watching the green dot almost always at the edge (or outside) the circle indicates you are consistently at the tires’ limits, which is hard to do for us weekend warriors.

BillyJRacing

GT Owner
Oct 3, 2018
I watch the g-meter on your videos too. Watching the green dot almost always at the edge (or outside) the circle indicates you are consistently at the tires’ limits, which is hard to do for us weekend warriors.
Perfect practice makes perfect. 🙂

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
(y) :cool: 🏎

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Perfect practice makes perfect. 🙂
And lots of it!

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Very cool videos

BillyJRacing

GT Owner
Oct 3, 2018
A New Year, A New (production car) Track Record at Buttonwillow Raceway, and a New ONE LAP BILLY Video. Check it out!

Enjoy!

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Excellent - keep the videos coming!

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Awesome, Billy! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Fabulous video Billy, thank you! Very educational!

BillyJRacing

GT Owner
Oct 3, 2018
Thanks guys!

Reactions: JWZ

BillyJRacing

GT Owner
Oct 3, 2018
Want to see on-track data analysis of a 90s supercar overlaid with a 2020 McLaren 720S to see what the difference 30 years of technology advancement looks like? Check it out on my first ONE LAP BILLY tire review of the Yokohama A052 tire:

Enjoy!

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Impressive tire and I love the comparison with the 720S.