Okay I am SOLD!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Any recommendations on a product to maintain exterior plastic black trim? (Not for the GT, but for other vehicles)

I have used and liked:

Mother's Back-To-Black
http://www.mothers.com/02_products/06108.html

Forever Black
http://www.foreverblack.com/

I have just heard about this stuff and I might try it on plastic trim as well:

Power Sheen Tire Brite
http://www.powersheen.com/

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I like Stoner's Trim Shine. Silicone spray type product. Works good and very easy to use.

Forever Black I use on tires. A natural dull black finish. No shine! Not Greasy! Lasts along time.

Use their cleaner first.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
ya good find!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks Kingman and Jeff. I will look into those products.

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Black Chrome & Tire Wet work well for black plastic bits.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Loooks good, I need to try!

+1

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
I tried the Armorall wheel protectant. I didnt like it. It might work but you need to spray a TON on and don't drive through any puddles. I did it with the wheels off the car so it wouldnt get on the brakes and paint. It was hard to put the wheels back on without touching the spokes so I probably rubbed some off. Next time I washed the car I saw a hazy, almost sticky film on parts of the wheels. If youre just going to spray a bunch on a daily driver car or truck I'd say go for it, it's better than nothing, but its not worth it on the GT.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I tried the Armorall wheel protectant. I didnt like it. It might work but you need to spray a TON on and don't drive through any puddles. I did it with the wheels off the car so it wouldnt get on the brakes and paint. It was hard to put the wheels back on without touching the spokes so I probably rubbed some off. Next time I washed the car I saw a hazy, almost sticky film on parts of the wheels. If youre just going to spray a bunch on a daily driver car or truck I'd say go for it, it's better than nothing, but its not worth it on the GT.

I bought some with the intention of doing exactly what you did. Haven't tried it yet though. Kinda anticipating your results........ to date.

$9 for the slimmest can on the shelf too.

ETW

GT Owner
Jan 16, 2006
Considering you have to take the wheels off everytime you use it (unless you mask off the car somehow), I wouldnt bother. Then when you wash it you need to keep water off the wheels somehow...? Just doesnt make sense on a car like this. Much easier just to wash the wheels by hand while washing the car. Go wild with the Armorall on your SUV that only sees the carwash once a year though