Oil pressure dilemm, Any ideas?

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
I change it as a preventative measure. It's in perfect condition. Changing the oil pump belt is no big deal. Really it's just basic mechanics. It's not the belt !!!

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
All is well, Changed out the pressure transducer and problem solved.

Thanks for all the ideas.

H

HHGT

Good to hear.

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Years ago I put an auxillary electric oil pump on my SVO Mustang with the turbo 4. The pump came on for about 20 seconds with the ignition key to pre-pressurize the motor and then ran for about 90 seconds on shut down to prevent coke build up at the compressor bearing. Seemed like a great idea and worked well, just haven't found them to be very popular although I've read that the pressurized accumulator style of pre-oiler is more commonly used for off road / drag racing. I guess I agree with the thoughts though that the oil sitting at the bearing plus the oil just upstream of the bearings is plently to prevent start-up wear for a few seconds until pressure builds.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Run electric pre-lubers on my boat motors. They are very popular on offshore boats.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Same thing happened to me at my last oil change: no amount of priming seemed to bring the oil pressure up on the gauge. I finally decided I was doing more harm to the battery and starter (and gauges?) than good, so I started the engine.....and the oil pressure came up instantly. No transducer issues that I'm aware of (yet).

Howard

I had the same experience. No pressure on the gauge after priming, but instant pressure on start up.

H

HHGT

It will be interesting to see if this persists with the new alternate gauges being offered.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
It will be interesting to see if this persists with the new alternate gauges being offered.

Does the Speedhut gauge have it's own proprietary sending unit?

Boy, when it comes to Oil Pressure, Mechanical is the best in my opinion. With a larger line, you know immediately when pressure drops and it is accurate.