Obama "visits" the troops

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I got the following as an email today, forwarded from my prior secretary. I believe the sender is a relative. It was signed by the person sending it, who is a Captain in the army serving in Afghanistan. I deleted that info as I did not think it necessary for the post. He is sharing his views, which I thought were worth sharing on the forum.

The following is unedited from him:
"Hello everyone,
As you know I am not a very political person. I just wanted to pass along that Senator Obama came to Bagram Afghanistan for about an hour on his visit to 'The War Zone'. I wanted to share with you what happened. He got off the plane and got into a bullet proof vehicle, got to the area to meet with the Major General (2 Star) who is the commander here at Bagram.

As the Soldiers where lined up to shake his hand he blew them off and didn't say a word as he went into the conference room to meet the General. As he finished, the vehicles took him to the ClamShell (pretty much a big top tent that military personnel can play basketball or work out in with weights) so he could take his publicity pictures playing basketball. He again shunned the opportunity to talk to Soldiers to thank them for their service.

So really he was just here to make a showing for the American's back home that he is their candidate for President. I think that if you are going to make an effort to come all the way over here you would thank those that are roviding the freedom that they are providing for you.

I swear we got more thanks from the NBA Basketball Players or the Dallas Cowboy Cheer leaders than from one of the Senators, who wants to be the President of the United States. I just don't understand how anyone would want him to be our Commander-and-Chief. It was almost that he was scared to be around those that provide the freedom for him and our great country.

If this is blunt and to the point I am sorry but I wanted you all to know what ind of caliber of person he really is. What you see in the news is all fake."

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I also rec'd this.

Only diff is, the guy who sent it to me ACTUALLY KNOWS THE SOLDIER WHO WROTE IT. This is a ligit letter. 'Not internet "B.S."

E.P.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
:ack

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Obama is a politician, no more and no less. Most politician care only about getting elected to a bigger and better position. Why would anyone believe any different? He doesn't have any solutions for our energy needs. Without that the US economy and our standard of living will fall!

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Some little bright eyed lib called my home to promote the senator. With heartfelt pleasure I tore her a new one. Our forefathers are surely doing 360's watching correleous acceralation take hold of this once great nation.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ackshully, they're all spinnin' in their graves like they're mounted on lathes because of more things than Obama. 'Everything from the sieve we call a border, to all the "resident"(?!) illegals making DEMANDS for citzenship and amnesty (and waving FOREIGN flags at their rallys to boot), to the NUT HOUSE gov't spending and the "juiced" books they use to "account"(?) for it, to the idiocy we "call" a monitary policy, to our "P.C."/tree hugging, NO-MORE DRILLING/EXPLORING-FOR-FOSIL-FUEL-regardless-of-the-consequences national energy policy(?!), to a supreme court that says gov't can use eminent domain to grab land for commercial deveolopement 'cause it'll provide MORE TAX MONEY, to... aaah, 'heck with it. You get the picture. :bored

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
Ackshully, they're all spinnin' in their graves like they're mounted on lathes because of more things than Obama. 'Everything from the sieve we call a border, to all the "resident"(?!) illegals making DEMANDS for citzenship and amnesty (and waving FOREIGN flags at their rallys to boot), to the NUT HOUSE gov't spending and the "juiced" books they use to "account"(?) for it, to the idiocy we "call" a monitary policy, to our "P.C."/tree hugging, NO-MORE DRILLING/EXPLORING-FOR-FOSIL-FUEL-regardless-of-the-consequences national energy policy(?!), to a supreme court that says gov't can use eminent domain to grab land for commercial deveolopement 'cause it'll provide MORE TAX MONEY, to... aaah, 'heck with it. You get the picture. :bored

Yeah! What he said!

+1

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
hmmm more people on this thread than the "usual suspects". :biggrin I feel a majority forming. :lol