NW Event in Coeur D'Alene, ID

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
OK, anyone in the NW want to join me, Rob Harris, and Jeff*510 at the big annual car show in Coeur D'Alene Idaho on June 15-16? Here's a link to this event: http://www.cdadowntown.com/index_cardlane.asp?pageid=681

It's probably the biggest car event in the NW in the spring. Come on you guys over in Western Washington...wipe off those rain spots and drive on over! If Rob can drive the eight hours down from Calgary you guys can certainly make the 4 hour hop over. :cheers

RickM

GT Owner
Oct 15, 2005
Boise, ID
The wife & I might be up for this!
There are 7 GT's here in the Boise area...but only 3 belong to the forum.
I bet 1 or two of them might be interested also.
Doesn't sound like the GT's can enter the show ('78 and older only).
But it still sounds like a nice roadtrip. :cheers

RickM 05-#2032

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Doesn't sound like the GT's can enter the show ('78 and older only).
:cheers

That duzzunt mean you couldn't "crash it"! :biggrin :banana

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
OK, anyone in the NW want to join me, Rob Harris, and Jeff*510 at the big annual car show in Coeur D'Alene Idaho on June 15-16? Here's a link to this event: http://www.cdadowntown.com/index_cardlane.asp?pageid=681

It's probably the biggest car event in the NW in the spring. Come on you guys over in Western Washington...wipe off those rain spots and drive on over! If Rob can drive the eight hours down from Calgary you guys can certainly make the 4 hour hop over. :cheers

As I explained to Rob a while back, this Western Wash guy will be "wimping out".

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Long hike from the Bremerton Washington area to be turned around at the gate! I have mentioned this before but there will be an opportunity the week of July 8 for an open track at Pacific Raceway (July 12), cruzn in the country with 400+ mustangs and other Fords (July 13) and a car show at Bellevue Community College (July 15). Check the Mustangs Northwest website.

http://www.mustangsnorthwest.org/

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Long hike from the Bremerton Washington area to be turned around at the gate! I have mentioned this before but there will be an opportunity the week of July 8 for an open track at Pacific Raceway (July 12), cruzn in the country with 400+ mustangs and other Fords (July 13) and a car show at Bellevue Community College (July 15). Check the Mustangs Northwest website.

http://www.mustangsnorthwest.org/

No worries about being turned around at the gate. I am not suggesting that we enter our GTs in the show...just meet up there and enjoy the happenings! An excuse to drive and get together is all I had in mind. :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
How big of an event is this?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
How big of an event is this?

The cruise on Friday nite usually has about 700-1,200 cars ...the "show" on Saturday usually has about 500 -700 entrants.

It's big enough that I'm trying to get out of a prior commitment to attend the darn thing.

Last edited:

Rob Harris

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Calgary
Hi guys, I haven't looked at this post for a few days so haven't been able to comment until now.
The Car D'Alene show is awsome!!! The likelihood of being turned away at the door is nil. There is always a very eclectic group of cars. A couple years ago a guy brought his 250 GT0 (yes he drove it!) and his F40 to put beside it. The show starts of Friday night. At about six you could shoot a bullet down main street (Sherman Ave) Coeurs D'alene without hitting anybody. At about 6:30 a few cars start rolling in, then it is mayhem! All Friday night is consumed with a cruise around downtown. Cars just keep coming. They lite up their tires and shoot flames from their exhaust. The sidewalks are packed with hot dog eatin, beer drinkin folk!

On Saturday morning, Sherman Ave and the street directly North are shut down and loaded with cars for the show. the weather is usually stellar. There will be everything from Copo's to Duesenbergs to amphi-cars. They have music, food, and one of those cool "blow up a car" contests. In the evening there is a "who's got the loudest car" contest. I watched a guy valve float his 454 chevelle there a couple years ago. He won....but what an idiot!
On Sat there is also an auction and a swap meet at the rodeo grounds. Not the best but still entertaining. Sometimes there will be a good mid-year vette or two.

All in all, an excellent weekend away. I have not missed it in about ten years.

Rob