Number of Applications?

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
No breakdown by country, but simply by virtue of where the last GT went, I expect the stiffest competition to be in the U.S.

The good news is, I feel very confident a good number of our members will get cars over the next several years. Ford spent a lot of time, effort and money to design and implement this process, and it wasn't so they could allocate cars off a secret list! I'm sure, out of necessity, the review process is being handled by a very small number of people.

Good luck everyone!

Cheers to DBK for everything he's contributed to the application process, glad these cars will go to the right hands! :cheers

(cue golf clap meme...)

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
No breakdown by country, but simply by virtue of where the last GT went, I expect the stiffest competition to be in the U.S.

The good news is, I feel very confident a good number of our members will get cars over the next several years. Ford spent a lot of time, effort and money to design and implement this process, and it wasn't so they could allocate cars off a secret list. I'm sure, out of necessity, the review process is being handled by a very small number of people.

Good luck everyone!

Hm...........!

Im more interested in the upcoming "I have received my acceptance letter" posts from the different members, its like getting into school all over again, the school of Ford GT !

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Number of current GT owners who submitted application for new GT, 4038 minus the estimated 500 GTs that are DOA.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Minus people owning more than one. As I had to learn from the application videos shared this number is bigger than I expected.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
according to Road & Track, today, approximately 10,000 individuals started the application process, 4,000 didn't complete their application, so Ford will be choosing from a pool of 6,000.

Hope to be one of the 4%.

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
according to Road & Track, today, approximately 10,000 individuals started the application process, 4,000 didn't complete their application, so Ford will be choosing from a pool of 6,000.

Hope to be one of the 4%.

Or more specifically 6,506 as posted by DBK at 8:14am

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Way less than I expected. I thought we heard 7k in the first week, but those must have been started not completed.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Thanks DBK for all you have done to represent us owners in this process. I strongly believe your efforts when Ford was brain storming on how to go about selling the new GT is why so many of us feel good about our chances. Whether selected or not I appreciate all your advice and information.

Vince H

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Or more specifically 6,506 as posted by DBK at 8:14am

Yes he did, I missed that post.

either way I hope to be one of the slightly less than the 4%.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/05/13/6506-apply-to-own-all-new-ford-gt-in-a-month--almost-200-000-con.html

- Ford received 6,506 fully completed applications from people around the world in the one-month window to apply to purchase the new EcoBoost-powered, carbon-fiber supercar

- Hundreds of those registrants submitted videos with their applications to help bolster their chances to purchase one of the first 500 examples of the new Ford GT

- Almost 200,000 fans have visited www.FordGT.com’s virtual configurator, which lets everyone build the Ford GT of their dreams online and provides links to share images of their virtual build via social media

DEARBORN, Mich., May 13, 2016 – After more than 10,800 people showed interest online in buying a new Ford GT, Ford received 6,506 fully completed applications from people around the world in the one-month window to apply to purchase the new EcoBoost-powered, carbon-fiber supercar during its first application window.

The number of applicants spiked in the last six days during which 32 percent of the total fully completed applications were completed before the window closed.

“We’re excited by the amount of enthusiasm fans are showing for the new Ford GT,” says Dave Pericak, director, Global Ford Performance. “This initial application window is just one of many ways fans and potential owners will have to connect with our all-new supercar even before it hits the streets.”

Ford is now reviewing applications from those 6,506 potential supercar buyers and will start notifying potential owners in the next 90 days.

Hundreds of registrants submitted videos with their applications during the month-long application window, hoping to bolster their chances of purchasing one of the first 500 new Ford GTs.

Creative applicants featured children, lighting effects, racing footage, revving engines, garage tours and life stories to show why they should own the all-new Ford GT.

The all-new production supercar is expected to start arriving in customers’ garages by the end of 2016.

While the initial application window is closed, Ford GT fans can continue building and sharing virtual models, building on the more than 481,000 enthusiasts in the U.S. who have visited the www.FordGT.com site since its launch April 13.

Almost 200,000 fans in the U.S. already have visited the website’s virtual configurator, which lets anyone build the Ford GT of their dreams and provides links to share images of their virtual build via social media. The configurator’s default exterior color of Frozen White continues to be the favorite, followed by Liquid Blue.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
The window to apply is still open for some countries though.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Absolutely nailed down. Couldn't agree more.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Does anybody know if people will have to "re-apply" for the next allocation or is this it?

Thanks,

B

I asked Ford about the "next" process (presumably MY 2019) and their answer was, and I quote: "In reference to a 2019 MY application, Ford has no plans for additional model years or application programs at this time."

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

The good news is, I feel very confident a good number of our members will get cars over the next several years. Ford spent a lot of time, effort and money to design and implement this process, and it wasn't so they could allocate cars off a secret list. I'm sure, out of necessity, the review process is being handled by a very small number of people.

Good luck everyone!

Great news DBK!! This is and has been a mental roller coaster ride for me with plenty of anxiety going on. We can't thank you enough for all of your efforts throughout this entire process. THANK YOU!!

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
Curious how many who are selected will back out when they have to write the check?? I would suspect a significant percentage applied but will not have the means to spend a half million dollars.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
DBK, when we get notified in the next 90 days, how will that notification come? And will just the winners get notified, or will those who are not so lucky get "the thin envelope"? Finally, is this for the full production run or just the first year's allocation?

thanks!

Kenneth

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The intro says there will be a series of emails.

It is for two years production.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
It Will be Like opening college acceptance letter all over again to your top choice! Will be tough opening that email!!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
...With the fine GT350R as a "safety" school, I imagine...

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Will we only be informed if we are selected? Will there be an email if we were not?