Number 84

nemetskii

Apr 9, 2013
Florida
Super long time lurker, infrequent poster. Number 84 will be getting delivered to us in FL on Saturday. Pumped to see the car and get in the drivers seat. Any opinions on driving it pre Xpel? Did you guys completely abstain from driving until you had it coated or did you just minimize the amount of driving you did?

Thanks in advance!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Glad to see you post! Share pics please. There have been owners in both camps. From what I've seen, the cars are like vacuum cleaners on the road and suck up all loose gravel the come across. As they say: Abstinence is the best protection!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
Super long time lurker, infrequent poster. Number 84 will be getting delivered to us in FL on Saturday. Pumped to see the car and get in the drivers seat. Any opinions on driving it pre Xpel? Did you guys completely abstain from driving until you had it coated or did you just minimize the amount of driving you did?

Thanks in advance!

Ford says wait 3-4 weeks for the paint to harden. Most have not waited. I bought some temporary Expel on Amazon and will use it in the critical spots until it's time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona
Ford says wait 3-4 weeks for the paint to harden. Most have not waited. I bought some temporary Expel on Amazon and will use it in the critical spots until it's time.

939d17dcde3c5e6d0296ae3f2f51f8d7.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Where in Florida are you?

rsstopper

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2006
Arizona

Palm Beach

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL

Welcome! I agree that some temporary protections is fine until a month passes. Drive it!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I wouldn't and didn't drive mine till it was covered. If you do put anything more than a couple miles, you can bank on getting some rock chip in the air scoops on the doors.

nemetskii

Apr 9, 2013
Florida
St Augustine

nemetskii

Apr 9, 2013
Florida
A picture of my car posted on Instagram page @newfordgt and there willl be lots more coming soon. Nice thorough delivery and I couldn't be happier with the fit and finish of the car. The fella that delivered it to me says it's the 39th car delivered which surprised me given its number 84.

Pro_GT_driver

GT Owner
Jun 23, 2010
Could you please post pictures in the forum, this is very easy to do. Thank you.