Noticed the Sears P-3 went on sale today at $165 online.....

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
Have at it boys.....I found a 9/12 build date.....

Willrx

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2012
Atlanta
How'd you secure the build date online?

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
I called around and found who had a fresh one before ordering, and then did the store pickup. Regular price is now about $220....

Willrx

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2012
Atlanta
Wow, thanks!! Great idea.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
What is the part number please? When I plug in the GT, it says "no compatible matches."

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
It's the P-3 Group 75 item # 02850080000.....

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ :thumbsup

My original battery has never failed, but it is six years old. This seems to be a good time for preventive maintenance. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited:

Willrx

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2012
Atlanta
Is the Sears unit a perfect fit?

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
I haven't put mine in yet, but it appears so, and I believe it is common knowledge around here that this is "the" battery of choice. It is certainly highly recommended by Shelby.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
It's in...a perfect fit...

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
See my definitive battery list post....had parts #

It's a good looking battery too...

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...It's a good looking battery too...

And I thought you liked girls - - - oh well... :lol

Willrx

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2012
Atlanta
Thanks for the update on fitment. What did you use to secure the caps in front of the battery?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Apparently, Group 75s don't move fast. I was too dumb and lazy to phone the store before I ordered online. The battery was 03/12, covered with dust and missing the side post caps. Of course, the clerk told me it was perfect. I felt like grabbing the chain around his neck and holding it across the posts.

All the faster moving batteries were 09 or 10/12.

Willrx

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2012
Atlanta
Makes sense why they might put em on sale. Were you able to request another unit or were you stuck?

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
I just used a bit of silicone to hold the caps in place.....

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Makes sense why they might put em on sale. Were you able to request another unit or were you stuck?

Another Sears store in my area had 3 in stock, but all 03/12...so I cancelled the order.

the Wizard

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2012
Los Angeles
I think I saw free shipping? If so find a good one and have it shipped to ya?

JAYGT

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2010
MIAMI
Regardless of when they are produced they all have the same warranty. Is a few months really that much of a big deal? If they go bad they get replaced, warranty starts at time of purchase.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Regardless of when they are produced they all have the same warranty. Is a few months really that much of a big deal? If they go bad they get replaced, warranty starts at time of purchase.
I'm not sure how Sears does it, but many batteries are shipped "dry" and the acid is not put in until the sale of the battery. If that's the case, the manufacturing date is meaningless, and the date that the acid is added is when the battery will start it's "life cycle." Simple chemistry.... This is how I buy my motorcycle batteries, and I add the acid when I'm ready for the replacement.

Last edited: