Not a peep

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
I was at the ford dealer new car showing in Orlando and they talked about the Raptor and the f150 but not a peep about the new GT . I did hear a rumor at the cocktail party about the price being 600 plus because they want to keep the brokers from buying and reselling the car.

What if this is true ? Would you still buy one? just a rumor. What do you think

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I was at the ford dealer new car showing in Orlando and they talked about the Raptor and the f150 but not a peep about the new GT . I did hear a rumor at the cocktail party about the price being 600 plus because they want to keep the brokers from buying and reselling the car.

Would think nothing of it

Last edited:

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
They were probably pissed because they will not be able to add a hefty premium on the price nor buy them to hold for a few years and sell them with a big plus.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

The reality is it's not even close to true, so it's irrelevant.

As detailed here:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/2015/09/...7-ford-gt-allocation-process-at-fgt-rally-10/

the price will largely be irrelevant to keeping the car out of the hands of one person or another.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
They were probably pissed because they will not be able to add a hefty premium on the price nor buy them to hold for a few years and sell them with a big plus.

It is never too late for a fortunate childhood.

the price will largely be irrelevant to keeping the car out of the hands of one person or another.

Is the price set in stone yet? and I was not talking about the dealers being quiet I was talking about Ford executives. I would have thought they would have had one on stage and tell the story that's all.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Is the price set in stone yet? and I was not talking about the dealers being quiet I was talking about Ford executives. I would have thought they would have had one on stage and tell the story that's all.

The price is set and it is nowhere near $600k.

Paul

GT Owner
Nov 7, 2006
What is it set at?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
What is it set at?

I doubt that is coming from Dave quite yet

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
The price is set and it is nowhere near $600k.

Also listening to Raj he says loyal ford owners including owners of Ford GT's . Who in fords eyes are loyal ford owners ? It sounds like it is open for a lot of people to get not just GT owners. If he said Ford GT owners first I think we could feel better unless I am over thinking it.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I spoke with Gary Ackerman (owner of Gaudin Ford in Vegas and a collector who is just as interested in getting one as anyone else is). He said his expectations are being set that the US civilian allocation will be quite a bit smaller than anyone is expecting - he said about 125 cars, the rest going to the dealer owner pool (a smaller number and the remainder to the rest of the world market.). He also said that the GT Loyalty will be for original owners that still own their car (original first time owners). He said that there will be a process that reminded me of "performance review ranking and rating" (I called it ranting and raving) that will be done by a committee from Ford. And what the performance criteria will be is still not known.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
It is never too late for a fortunate childhood.

listen to what Dave says, forget all the other chatter.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
listen to what Dave says, forget all the other chatter.

:agree:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I just love the guys at the local C&C quoting all the local dealers about how much allocation they already have.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Who starts these rumors?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Who starts these rumors?

Answer: The Consigliere :cool

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I just love the guys at the local C&C quoting all the local dealers about how much allocation they already have.

This will continue until they are actually being loaded off the truck on delivery day and probably thereafter.

Wonder what happened to that guy that sold his allocation in New York for $1 mil on the $400k deposit...

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Speaking of not a peep.

What the heck happened with the GT350's? must be a really really big parking lot full somewhere!

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
I spoke with Gary Ackerman (owner of Gaudin Ford in Vegas and a collector who is just as interested in getting one as anyone else is). He said his expectations are being set that the US civilian allocation will be quite a bit smaller than anyone is expecting - he said about 125 cars, the rest going to the dealer owner pool (a smaller number and the remainder to the rest of the world market.). He also said that the GT Loyalty will be for original owners that still own their car (original first time owners). He said that there will be a process that reminded me of "performance review ranking and rating" (I called it ranting and raving) that will be done by a committee from Ford. And what the performance criteria will be is still not known.

US allocation corroborated here: http://autoweek.com/article/car-new...op&utm_content=body&utm_campaign=awdailydrive

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
US allocation corroborated here:

I still haven't seen anything except there that they are deviating from the 250 number, and they need to keep it up to maybe 300 for the first year due to the homologation requirements (that is the 2015 number for a carbon fiber car, but rules change for 2016)

Still what Gary said was the foreign markets and separate dealer owner pool will just reduce the total number of civilian vehicles in the US.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Answer: The Consigliere :cool
My buddy!

Vince H