No regrets - the sequel

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The thing I never for a moment figured would happen when I bought my GT - actually has.

At approx. 9:30 PM tonight, my Blue/White left for it's new home in Colorado.

Yup. I sold it. And believe me, it was after MUCH "back and forth" with myself. You have NOOOOO idea. (I almost sold it once before in a weak moment but 'didn't for reasons that applied to that specific situation.)

The title of this thread pretty much tells the whole story. If you read Samthejeepman's statements regarding HIS reasons for selling - you also pretty much have already read mine. But there were other reasons as well.

I was going to list 'em all so those of you who may wonder, "WHAT TH' ****!!!", might get the complete picture. Instead, I think I'll just leave it at the above...except to say that if Shadowman and Saleen had shops up here - the GT would STILL be in my garage regardless of any other reasons for selling. But they DON'T - so it ISN'T.

The following is not being said because I know Ford execs browse this Forum on occasion. I'm saying it because it's the truth. THE FORD GT IS HANDS DOWN THE MOST UNBELIEVEABLY OUTSTANDING CAR I'VE EVER BOUGHT, BUILT, RIDDEN IN, SEEN, OR HEARD TELL OF. PERIOD. Believe me, dissatisfaction with the car IS NOT one of the reasons I sold it. FAR from it. If anything, it was TOO MUCH of a good thing (if I listed all the reasons for selling the car, you'd understand what I mean by that). Certainly after owning the GT, ANYTHING I buy from here on out will be a "step down". I don't care WHO'S emblem is on the fender or what dollar figure is on the window sticker.

Maybe I'll regret this decision down the road. It's quite possible I may. I really don't know. (God knows there has been more than one person around here who has.) But for now I'm comfortable with it...even though the empty stall in the garage does look a little odd already come to think about it.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
You will be greatly missed. Good luck .....

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Larry? Sorry to hear this.... As Joe says, you will be missed. Feel free to hang around - wouldn't be the same without ya......

Aug 25, 2006
The thing I never for a moment figured would happen when I bought my GT - actually has.

At approx. 9:30 PM tonight, my Blue/White left for it's new home in Colorado.

Yup. I sold it. And believe me, it was after MUCH "back and forth" with myself. You have NOOOOO idea. (I almost sold it once before in a weak moment but 'didn't for reasons that applied to that specific situation.)

The title of this thread pretty much tells the whole story. If you read Samthejeepman's statements regarding HIS reasons for selling - you also pretty much have already read mine. But there were other reasons as well.

I was going to list 'em all so those of you who may wonder, "WHAT TH' ****!!!", might get the complete picture. Instead, I think I'll just leave it at the above...except to say that if Shadowman and Saleen had shops up here - the GT would STILL be in my garage regardless of any other reasons for selling. But they DON'T - so it ISN'T.

The following is not being said because I know Ford execs browse this Forum on occasion. I'm saying it because it's the truth. THE FORD GT IS HANDS DOWN THE MOST UNBELIEVEABLY OUTSTANDING CAR I'VE EVER BOUGHT, BUILT, RIDDEN IN, SEEN, OR HEARD TELL OF. PERIOD. Believe me, dissatisfaction with the car IS NOT one of the reasons I sold it. FAR from it. If anything, it was TOO MUCH of a good thing (if I listed all the reasons for selling the car, you'd understand what I mean by that). Certainly after owning the GT, ANYTHING I buy from here on out will be a "step down". I don't care WHO'S emblem is on the fender or what dollar figure is on the window sticker.

Maybe I'll regret this decision down the road. It's quite possible I may. I really don't know. (God knows there has been more than one person around here who has.) But for now I'm comfortable with it...even though the empty stall in the garage does look a little odd already come to think about it.

Initially I was going to say that I was sadden but then this maybe how I would be feeling so instead I will say that I too have had far too many gals to remember; in fact one love affair after another as such I am happy; happy that you spent this moment in time getting to know a Ford GT.

I too agree that if I asked I would never sell my gal but in the end who truly knows what tomorrow brings. I feel as though you simply wrote another chapter in your "Book of Life" and from what I have been able to gather this is a chapter that will be reflected back upon fondly.

From a personal standpoint I want to extend my hand and "Thank You" for all of the warm and wonderful comments that you have made on my behalf. Even though we have never had the opportunity to meet face to face I still feel as though we have become friends.

Truly all the best with your journey and I for one hope that you stick around because you bring great things to this Forum.
Thank you again

Warmest regards

Shadowman

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Larry

Reading this post really saddened me. Reading your posts it is clear that there are very few people (if any) that appreciate, love, are obsessed (in a good way) with the GT more than you are.

I could not believe that there was your name below the "No Regrets" topic. I had to read it twice.

Whatever the reason I am sure it must have been a tough one. I really thought you'd never ever sell it.

Please do hang around, the board would not be the same without you.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Say it is not true...
Please...

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
So, it finally moves, but the move is to somewhere else? :eek

What a surprise.

You might as well start looking for the replacement, good chance you'll be back. :thumbsup

blownaway

GT Owner
Nov 14, 2006
Thank you Larry for all you did last night on such short notice. I know it had to be hard to see her go. Truly one of the nicest men I have ever had the pleasure of doing business with.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
That's why you needed the hauler from the NW... Well welcome to the club. I am sure you have bought the best well kept private GT in the US.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Larry, I'm saddened to hear of your decision but that you enjoyed your GT as you did. Keep in touch with the Forum you never know you may have another one some day. Tomy

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Missed

EP - you will be greatly missed. I hope you've been training someone to take your spot. What ever it is, I'm sure there was a great deal of though that went into your decision - may it be as you hoped for. :thumbsup

Cheers,

Gordo.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
EP.... I always thought you were the smart one :biggrin I feel certain you will stick around the board to keep things sane.

And, I hope you sold it at a premium and you get your next one at a discount (as a mater of fact I wouldn't even bother canceling your Vegas reservations).

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I dont think EP is going anywhere.....
What else would he have to do. He LIVES on this forum! :lol
On a more serious note, it is sad to see that he sold his car, but I think he will live on here for quite a while. :thumbsup to ya EP!

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
partner, i feel your pain
everytime i look to the garage, i get a pain in my heart and for some reason my head bows down in remorse.
yes it is missed, but when i think of all the good times i had with her, the memories out weight the sadness(at this time)(remember this is the dead of winter).
i don't think anything can replace her, but the thought of confining her for winter months, not being able to park her by herself in any area, living on the jersey shore with maniac summer time driving tourists, and the soon to expire warranty with no decent mechanincs anyplace near here to service her, and lastly the possibility of no more parts from ford for her in the near future, i think we both made very sound decisions ??
if you ever need a shoulder to cry on, call me

your bud for life
sam

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
What did you purchase to replace the GT?

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Oh Pockets,

You made me sad my friend.

images.jpg

Ah, I'm all unhappy now.

Please send me your E-mail again.

GTNJ

--

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
my wife yes, my dog maybe, my GT never......

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
my wife yes, my dog maybe, my GT never......
What the :rofl The wife is a yes and the dog is a maybe??

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Wow! Just wow! Out of everyone here, I thought you were in it for life. In the end, it is just a car.

You always go out of your way to ask me how I am doing, and I really appreciate that. You are one of my favorite members here, and I hope to see you post in the future. Hell, I'm still here, so I expect to see you here as well.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Larry,

I, for one, and I know others are betting (and counting on) that you'll be back with another version of your very own FGT. Meanwhile, please hang around as it won't quite be the same here without you.

Welcome to the new owner!