No More Robertson GTs in Le Mans

H

HHGT

http://jalopnik.com/5846499/no-more-ford-gts-in-le-mans

"American Le Mans Series privateers Dave and Andrea Robertson are apparently ready to pack it in. That means we may have seen the last of the Ford GT, a car Ford never intended to go racing, on a competitive racetrack. That's just sad."

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Too bad but understandable.

Too bad economic times aren't different.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I was a fantastic sight to see the cars last week at my first trip to Road Atlanta. Sorry it's over but glad I saw them before it ended.
Wish them good luck finding a backer next year.

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
On a good note, they accomplished what they set out to do...run competitively, run at Le Mans, and have a podium finish. Congrats to all involved.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Will give dave a call later today.....see whats up, we had an idea of flying their car and 360 in june together or by the sme shipper.........will follow up....gtjoey1314

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
On a good note, they accomplished what they set out to do...run competitively, run at Le Mans, and have a podium finish. Congrats to all involved.

I agree. It was great to meet the Robertson's in Salt Lake City. I wish them the best!

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
This was a gallant effort and I have a HUGE respect for these people. Love to do anything possible to help!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I saw Dave at the Porsche Rennsport Reunion at Laguna Seca last weekend. He still has a few leads left, so don't give up hope completely....

HJJ

Nov 17, 2010
If your going to SEMA, the Robertson Racing Ford GT is on the Piloti booth. Be sure and stop by and say "HI" to Andrea and "H".

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robertson-Racing/325975992010

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Saw these two run at Road America yesterday. Pure sex. Just totally amazing autos.

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
We have a GT running in the GT class in Australia,

NJF

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I spent a fair amount of time with Dave at Road America on Saturday. He gave me the full tour of the cars and his complete facility at the track.