No 93 Octane Gas in California!!!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Please note.....Those GT owners that have pulleys and 93 Octane tunes will need to run for several days on 91 Octane California gas. :thumbsdow During the track event when the car is being driven hard this may cause detonation. :ack Driven mildly to other events this should pose no problem. The stock GT is set up for 91 Octane gasoline, only modified or tuned cars would be effected.

Chip

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
yup, welcome to the land of fruit and nuts.... kal-i-fool-nia

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
But there are locations to purchase high octane fuel from. Here's a link to one list, perhaps someone can post a better list within a reasonable radius of the August event.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151059

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Don't use leaded race gas.

But there are locations to purchase high octane fuel from. Here's a link to one list, perhaps someone can post a better list within a reasonable radius of the August event.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=151059

Most if not all of this race gas has lead in it and will destroy your very expensive catalitic converter within a few hundred miles. I would not suggest this unless you have installed a cat delete pipe.

Chip

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
In Michigan we call 93 mid grade:lol

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Okay, so this does affect me. I have the SVT unit tho and I assume it can pop the 91 tune on the GT when I get there and change it back when I leave? I know these machines have a limited number of uses.

The GT Guys did the pulley and tune for me, way back when. I am sure this is a simple process but sense I have never done it... perhaps I should try to schedule for 10 minutes of their time.