Nigerian GT Scam

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
I noticed something funny about a FGT Heritage posted on Lemonfree.com. Since I bought my Heritage I've been collecting a database of the Heritage Livery cars that are showing up on the internet. This posting caught my eye as it states a 2006 FGT Heritage with 2 miles for $175K and located in Houston. Vin number is quoted and pictures of the car including odometer with 2 miles. I was thinking boy is this a deal. Went to add it to my database and noticed the reported vin is one I have for another Heritage I have down. The listing for that one is reputable I guess. The second car is listed at a higher price and has more mileage reported. Lemonfree doesn't give any seller information and only a button to select to send your information to.

Was very curious if anyone else has seen or questioned this car or knows about how Lemonfree adds are place. Might not be Nigerian, but sure smells like a scam brewing.

Otherwise it would be a find of a lifetime.

Lemonfree link: http://www.lemonfree.com/68272167.html

Glad I got mine from Shelby!

Magic

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
With 2 miles for $175k I'll take it!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Here is the thing, the ads on Lemonfree.com are just ads that the site pulls off other internet sites. Those pics and that car were for sale at a houston Ford dealership, but that ad is VERY old. The price listed is the MSRP and the Heritage cars did sell for around MSRP for a short period of time (very SHORT period). That car has long since been sold. Its not a scam, but its also NOT a car that is currently for sale.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
What got me was it said posted 32 days ago. Do they just randomly pick up old ads and post them as if they recently were placed? If so strange website. Thanks for the info Shelby. Currently looking at pictures of my car! Can't wait for Rally V.

Magic

H

HHGT

Here is the thing, the ads on Lemonfree.com are just ads that the site pulls off other internet sites. Those pics and that car were for sale at a houston Ford dealership, but that ad is VERY old. The price listed is the MSRP and the Heritage cars did sell for around MSRP for a short period of time (very SHORT period). That car has long since been sold. Its not a scam, but its also NOT a car that is currently for sale.

I agree for the most part. Some of us got lucky with their timing, I was very lucky. I purchased my Heritage in Sep 2006 at Invoice from Bowdel S. Dakota. I purchased my Red GT in June 2006 at Invoice plus $2k in SoCal. Mid to late 2006 was the time to buy new GTs.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I agree for the most part. Some of us got lucky with their timing, I was very lucky. I purchased my Heritage in Sep 2006 at Invoice from Bowdel S. Dakota. I purchased my Red GT in June 2006 at Invoice plus $2k in SoCal. Mid to late 2006 was the time to buy new GTs.

Agreed! :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"Here's my photo, I haven't doctored it. Honest."

alex_ifeanyi_duru.jpg

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /images/hall_of_shame/alex_ifeanyi_duru.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Your post is just a total FRAUD, Neil!!!!!!! :rofl

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
It's getting so bad out there. between disposable email accounts, disable cell phones and temporary mail box addresses, it's getting harder and harder to distinguish between the good and the bad anymore. I use ebay a lot and continually get emails saying my ebay account has been suspended or has un-authorized usage and asked to sign in using my correct ebay name and password. the only problem is when you look at the internet address, the have ebay spelled as "eaby.com" not ebay.com. same for Paypal. the same thing goes on daily with the fraud attempts. I think I'd feel safer with a $100K cash in a K-mart bag and going to look at the car before I'd send someone anything like this guy selling the GT. Ebay says your purchases are covered in case of fraud but I'd sure like to see them give up $50K deposit back to me on a fraud deal like this one. you know they'd have some kind of excuse not to pay! send it to an Ebay escrow account? DON'T THINK SO!!!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /images/hall_of_shame/alex_ifeanyi_duru.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Your post is just a total FRAUD, Neil!!!!!!! :rofl

:)

It was a link to a site about scam baiting - quite a fun place where they lead the scammers to believe that the target is actually going to send them money. You can get these guys to do almost anything! I directly linked to one of the photos, they must have killed it.

See here:

http://www.419eater.com/html/hall_of_shame.htm

Sep 9, 2010
Watchung NJ
If he finds one for 100K let me know because I want one too.

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
I don't care what it is - or how it comes to you - if it is any way associated with Nigeria - it's a scam.

Are you sure ? .............. I have my Nigerian GT that I have been waiting for ...................... it's about a year now ........... but any day I'm sure it will arrive. :rofl

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
I always say that I will fly in the next day and look at the car, with cashiers check in hand, and once I check it out we will make the deal. That ends all e-mails immediately.

Larry Boatner

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Having just complete(successfully) my search for a heritage, like Shelby states, some of these websites never update the ads. I called about one GT in Texas that was sold more than two years ago.

Stu