Newbie - J040

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Ok, stop it....can’t take any more before full rage jealousy sets in.

Pat Milliken Ford

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 15, 2017
Redford, Michigan
It is looking great!

DanaMcGarrh

Feb 18, 2018
Quick shots outside before we start polishing it out prior to clear bra. I will reserve comments about how this makes me feel about my lack of carbon a-pillars and stripe. All the carbon looks ridiculously glossy against the black paint. So sick. These pictures may be considered NSFW.

39773985274_9e8938b7e0_b.jpg

26613573818_c6a18aa38f_b.jpg

38674174980_5f8b8a9be5_b.jpg

26613575528_2fdced89ef_b.jpg

40441666502_ee47fbf3f4_b.jpg
Absolutely breathtaking, congratulations, it's awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

05MKIIGT

Mar 4, 2017
Northern CA
Absolutely breathtaking, congratulations, it's awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
EPIC! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I absolutely love your car and the bold decision on the comp model. If I didn’t have a major OCD problem and live in 100% humidity during the driving season this would have been my choice also. Congrats and enjoy!!

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I gotta say it again... I love that stripe! I want a neck tie that looks that sharp!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
It is a thing of beauty...

So what a the differences to a 'normal' car and you can't spec as options (eg carbon wheels)?

Carbon stripe
No radio
No aircon (aka the brave option)
Carbon stick to hold open the boot
Carbon mirrors

That's all I can spot.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Also, as DBK mentioned, the a-pillars are exposed carbon.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
need a pic of the stripe and the wheel at the same time, I'm almost there:willy

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Rear window is different.

Svenny

Ford GT Team
May 18, 2017
Competition Series specs -

Carbon centre-line stripe,
Carbon mirror caps,
Carbon A Pillars,
Carbon Wheels,
Cabon two-piece rod for trunk,
Competition lock (same as one used on race cars) on rear deck,
No hydraulics to raise trunk,
No entertainment system,
No speakers,
No cup holders,
No underseat storage,
No USB ports,
No AC and all parts of that system,
No NVH panel behind the driver - just exposed carbon chassis,
No reversing camera,
Red anodized shifters,
Red anodized ID tag - dash mounted,
Plexi-glass rear window with milled vents,
Gorilla Glass for rear window between cabin and engine bay,
Titanium exhaust,
Titanium lug nuts.
Special steering wheel with deleted buttons,
Special temperature panel with deleted buttons,
Blanking plate for where radio was,
All black Alcantara for interior.

I think that's all of it....

Last edited:

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Chris - that is quite a list. thanks..
and in Michigan you don't need to put a front license plate on the car !
andy (ajb)

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.

No cup holders,
Well you can tell you're not American :lol

Many thanks for that. It wasn't available to spec in Europe so it was hard to work out what the full list was. As you probably know Essex isn't the warmest place in the world so I could have probably survived in the car most of the time. Saying that I'm sure the day it arrived it'd be back to the summer of '76 :facepalm:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Wonder what the weight difference is between standard and competition?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Wonder what the weight difference is between standard and competition?

117 lbs. Lighter then a base Dark Energy car

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I'd be interested to know the difference between the Comp car and a car spec'ed with TT exhaust and CF wheels (don't think you can do a Stereo delete), my guess is not a ton. For me the real allure of a Comp car is the exposed CF. It just looks too damn cool.

Last edited:

FoMoCo

GT Owner
Aug 2, 2016

Carbon centre-line stripe,
Carbon mirror caps,
Carbon A Pillars,
Carbon Wheels,
Cabon two-piece rod for trunk,
Competition lock (same as one used on race cars) on rear deck,
No hydraulics to raise trunk,
No entertainment system,
No speakers,
No cup holders,
No underseat storage,
No USB ports,
No AC and all parts of that system,
No NVH panel behind the driver - just exposed carbon chassis,
No reversing camera,
Red anodized shifters,
Red anodized ID tag - dash mounted,
Plexi-glass rear window with milled vents,
Gorilla Glass for rear window between cabin and engine bay,
Titanium exhaust,
Titanium lug nuts.
Special steering wheel with deleted buttons,
Special temperature panel with deleted buttons,
Blanking plate for where radio was,
All black Alcantara for interior.

I think that's all of it....

Great overview of the differences on Comp Cars. Apparently there are also different floormats as well. My Comp Car was delivered with the non-Comp mats (I would not have noticed if Bernardo had not pointed them out to me) and the new ones have been on order since December. I don't know what the correct ones look like, but the ones that came with my car just don't seem to cover the areas you would expect them to. I can only surmise this is due to the floor of the cab being 100% CF and not having carpeting for the floormat to complement.

As for the underseat storage, I have ordered them from my dealer. They should install fine on Comp Cars.

I don't know if I have the most miles on a Comp Car at this point - and I have only seen but not driven/riden in a non-Comp car - but a few things do stick out to me in terms of driving experience that I would imagine are different. 1st is the lack of AC and Radio, obviously. AZ has had a really nice and temperate winter/spring so no AC has not been an issue at all up to this point. The different rear glass is a bit wavy and distorted when backing up or checking to pass, but no biggie.

The main thing, honestly, is the lack of NVH. Again, I haven't been in a non-Comp car, but my car sounds like a Transformer from the movies. Whirring, clicking, fluid moving. You hear it all. It's not loud but it's not subtle, either. It's not a bother when driving with a passenger. Just something that's always with you. I love it.

Then again, maybe all cars are like that and I just think mine's different.

-Stuart

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Great overview of the differences on Comp Cars. Apparently there are also different floormats as well. My Comp Car was delivered with the non-Comp mats (I would not have noticed if Bernardo had not pointed them out to me) and the new ones have been on order since December. I don't know what the correct ones look like, but the ones that came with my car just don't seem to cover the areas you would expect them to. I can only surmise this is due to the floor of the cab being 100% CF and not having carpeting for the floormat to complement.

As for the underseat storage, I have ordered them from my dealer. They should install fine on Comp Cars.

I don't know if I have the most miles on a Comp Car at this point - and I have only seen but not driven/riden in a non-Comp car - but a few things do stick out to me in terms of driving experience that I would imagine are different. 1st is the lack of AC and Radio, obviously. AZ has had a really nice and temperate winter/spring so no AC has not been an issue at all up to this point. The different rear glass is a bit wavy and distorted when backing up or checking to pass, but no biggie.

The main thing, honestly, is the lack of NVH. Again, I haven't been in a non-Comp car, but my car sounds like a Transformer from the movies. Whirring, clicking, fluid moving. You hear it all. It's not loud but it's not subtle, either. It's not a bother when driving with a passenger. Just something that's always with you. I love it.

Then again, maybe all cars are like that and I just think mine's different.

-Stuart

Your description of the Comp car could completely describe my 1967 Miura. No AC, no radio. Just gear, chain, and induction noises behind you!

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
As a career pilot, (chime in Chip) I can assure you that no matter what you fly, you get used to the whirring, clicking and...fluid moving???? When one of those stop you notice it and automatically know something is amiss. So take note of all the sounds and sights and learn the car whether a old or NFGT. It talks to you no matter what. It becomes a part of you and in the end whether you have A/C or music or not...you got what you wanted and everyone will enjoy your what you have to say about your choices and the + and - of any of the cars out there. That ultimately is why we love this Forum and the Rally's is to share those experiences...Blue skies and enjoy the ride!!!!

Mike

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
I'm a little surprised that the comp car doesn't come standard with the anchors for the 6 point harness's.