New white/blue '05

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Here's something you don't see every day; a new '05 GT for sale on EBAY, but the car is in.... GUAM! Actually, the listing says Saipan, Northern Mariana Islands, so if you fly out to pick your new '05 up, you can see where the Marines kicked some serious @$$ in WW II.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
where's the link?

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
Here's The Link .....

link removed by moderator - dealer selling a fgt - we have two site sponsors that support this forum - support our forum and our sponsors - bony

Last edited by a moderator:

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
WOW!! Guam? I just don't know about buying or bidding on a car in GUAM???

:shrug

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
http://c link removed by bony thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
saipan

I recently brought home a bayonet from my father-in-law. I always thought he "found" it in the Saipan invasion, but he told me he got it fighting on Okinawa. He landed on Okinawa after the invasion had been successfuly started and you had time to look around some between shots. He had the luxury of arriving early on to claim part of a beach on Saipan, and at that time, collecting artifacts that didn't directly help you live didn't make much sense. Anyway, he was an army grunt. He has joked that he should have been classified Navy because he spent so much time on ships being shuttled island to island and then waiting out the shelling before going ashore. They don't talk much about what they had to do,so it's nice to listen when they do talk. He still has a MM manhattan at my house everytime he comes over. A short story to remind you that the army kicked butt on Saipan too.

Steve

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
By father was Sea Bees and cleared the beaches for the Marines landing into Guadacanal,
never shared one story with me, short of returning to Pearl Harbor and diving into the water hitting his head on the coral... his one war injury. May he RIP

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Guam & Saipan - two different places. Guam is a U.S. territory and Saipan (a short plane ride from Guam) is the capital of the U.S. Commonwealth of NMI. Both interesting places to visit and even more interesting in which to do business.

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
http://c link removed by bony thank...was a scam which is why I wanted the link....

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
no problem Tim, just protecting out forum sponsors....

STUNTS

Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
no problem Tim, just protecting out forum sponsors....

AGREEED!! :cheers

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Guam & Saipan - two different places. Guam is a U.S. territory and Saipan (a short plane ride from Guam) is the capital of the U.S. Commonwealth of NMI. Both interesting places to visit and even more interesting in which to do business.

I have been flown to Guam to work 3 times it is a whole differant world to work in. 2 prices one for locals and one for tourist. All buisness is done on island time. But a great place to visit:thumbsup

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I have been flown to Guam to work 3 times it is a whole differant world to work in. 2 prices one for locals and one for tourist. All buisness is done on island time. But a great place to visit:thumbsup

I'm finding it extremely difficult to read your posts as my head keeps turning to the left. :eek

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
I'm finding it extremely difficult to read your posts as my head keeps turning to the left. :eek

Just trying to keep up with Bouncy :lol

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Just trying to keep up with Bouncy :lol

If she should engage in the same activity as Bouncy, I suspect there would be severe damage either self-inflicted or to those nearby.