New West Coast Runway Event in Victorville, CA! 1.75 mile runs!!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Hello All,

Ever wonder what it would be like to drive your car over 200MPH? Well if you decide to come out to this incredibly fun event you won't have to wonder anymore. It is with great pleasure that we are able to announce we have found a new venue for top speed runway fun! On April 4th 2020 we will be holding the first event ever at Victorville Logistics Airport (formerly George ARB) in Victorville Ca! The venue is superior to our previous venue of Mojave in many ways. First the pavement is not only smoother but longer. We will be able to do 1.75 mile runs with a full 3/4 of a mile shut down area. Remember aircraft holds that we experienced at Mojave that would delay runs? No longer at this venue. We will have the runway completely to ourselves for the entire day! I did some test runs at the venue 2 months ago. This video clip shows two views, first an in cabin view and then one out the windshield that shows how great the condition of the runway is.

If you are interested in the event or would like more information feel free to email me at skyrex@hotmail.com . These are not "public" events with large fields where you hardly drive your car. You will easily be able to do 10-20 runs in a day. You will tire out before your car does! Registration is limited to 25 cars (we already have 8 slots filled) and costs $2,500 per car. There is a $20 paperwork processing fee for additional drivers and passengers beyond the primary driver. All passengers need to be wearing the same safety equipment as the driver and must be at least 18 years old. There is no limit to the number of drivers or passengers you can bring with you. However this is not a spectator event. Every person who comes must be affiliated with a driver at the event. This is a reminder that all stock vehicles, that means no aftermarket power adders like upgraded superchargers or turbos, can be driven with just an approved auto racing helmet, driving suit, driving gloves and your cars stock seat belts. More power means more requirements. You can feel free to ask any questions via email or I will be glad to send interested people my phone number. A non-refundable $500.00 deposit is required within two weeks of your addition to the registration list to hold your slot with the balance of $2,000 due by February 1st, 2020. Registration closes on February 1st. I don't post as much anymore but I still love driving my GT fast with a group of fun people! Please use the email address above for additional information as it is the best way to get ahold of me. Check out the 200MPH club standings and realize this is your chance to either improve on your top speed or crack into the hallowed 200MPH Club!!

Hope to see you out at this incredible driving venue for this very special event!!

Best regards,

Tom

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Well, with just 1.75 miles, no "stock" FGT will hit 200MPH. You need at least a pulley and tune, probably more, for that distance. What are the additional safety requirements? ,

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Stock GT’s get around 180-185. Pulley tune GT’s used to get low 200’s in Mojave which was 1.5 miles. This is longer and better pavement than the previous venue. Barring a headwind....and we usually have tailwinds ... any pulley tune GT’s or new GT’s are likely to hit 200. The day Flagstaff GT got his 2017 over 200 was not what I would consider a favorable weather day. Look at the 200MPH club list and see how many GT’s achieved that at one of our events. It’s over half the list.

Safety requirements depend on power level but figure race harnesses, fire suit, approved helmet and shoes. Stock vehicles can use just stock seat belts. Car need tires with good tread and newer than 6 years old. If interested anyone can contact me directly with the specs of their car and I can give them detailed tech requirements.

Keep thinking 200.... I know I am. ;)

Reactions: sandman

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Happy New Year to all! Just throwing out a reminder that registration closes for the new Victorville event at the end of January so if the new year has you thinking about what it would be like to drive 200 now is the time to join the fun. We have a nice mix of NGT's, my type of GT and exotics so it will be a fun time all ways around. Feel free to send me a PM or email me at skyrex@hotmail.com. Hope to see you there.

Reactions: Ed Sims and Magic

360vue

GT Owner
Oct 26, 2019
Orange County, CA
I would love to get more info from you on how the event went & when you are planning the next one ?