New toy Spyker!!!

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Thanks Tim for your feedback... I pulled the trigger and bought an '09 Laviolette with 3800 miles, other than the 2 hour drive from Chicago in rush hour traffic, this car is bat shit crazy awesome and my left leg is now extremely strong :thumbsup :biggrin

Attachments

• image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 432
  • image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 440
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Interested in your driving impressions once you've logged some seat time. Looks great!

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Always loved the interior of these - it's properly aircraft inspired. Crazy Dutch.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Love it, congrats!! Still love that Bronco as well!!

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Congrats on a nice find. They seem to have lots of interesting details and an almost Pagani like interior.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Any seat time to tell us about the driving experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I can honestly say that I absolutely love this car.

But I'm not entirely sure why...

I have always loved the artistic approaches to some vehicles (the obvious: Merc 500k, '74 Lambo P400, original '55 Gullwing, 512 BB, 308/328, Lancia Stratos, Alfa Bat (1 thru 9), Cord 810, Talbot, Delahaye, etc...

In Illinois we've had a very mild winter, which is great. I was able to clock 400+ miles in 2 weeks and I am still struggling to describe and understand my own driving impression. It's a very odd car, it is definitely a hand built car, with a racing suspension and engine from an Audi.

It's not strikingly fast, but sounds like a Dodge Hellcat. You feel like you are wearing the car (Jeremy Clarkson said it best). The braking reminds me of the '65 Vette, the steering is unpowered but easy.

Its raw and refined at the same time.

I cannot really describe it but to say that it is one of my favorite cars now. It shifts and drives smoothly, you can kick the back out without fear, it is a drivers car, but looks like jewelry.

Tim Cantrell had said that it reminded him of a modern day Cobra... I feel that it is a modern day 300SL Gullwing. I thought I would hate the Half windows, but they actually don't bother me and they block my face which is good LOL.

It is an OCD's worst nightmare, every surface is polished aluminum or requires you to polish after use... personally I love detailing my own cars so it offers another type of nirvana, HAH.

:biggrincarbarn1.jpg

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Is this the "nirvana"?

View attachment 40517

That would be fun to detail.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Is this the "nirvana"?

View attachment 40517

That would be fun to detail.

Wow!!! Great Eye!!! :biggrin
LOL :rofl

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Great car and great collection!!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Can you get that maintained/fixed easily going forward?

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Great car and great collection!!

Thank you!!!! Hopefully I can add the new GT some day :biggrin

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Can you get that maintained/fixed easily going forward?

The factory still has parts and there is a network of car guys that are not only trying to preserve the history of the company but also the components... Its very much like the FGT community only a lot smaller. Fortunately they are known to be reliable and easy to work on.