new to the board

David Gencay

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
thanks for letting me in your gt board room you guys sound awsome with your knowledge and ownership of the gt and have forgot what i will ever now about these great automobiles,Just sold off a bunch of old muscle cars and ordered a gt yesterday was 4000 over invoice ok and i saved a bunch of taxes i traded om 69 transam in on the sale. after reading some posts im already scared about leaks and doors not closing thanks again

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hi David,

Welcome aboard. I predict that White Petunia will be the next guy giving his first impressions of GT ownership as his car is due any day. My car is due week of May 15.

Where are you located. $4K over invoice is a great price - hope they treated you OK on the '69. Oh, and make sure the dealer you ordered from truly has an allocation. If he does, the he should know a build month/timeframe. There are only 3 months left and I expect you should also be getting a VIN number soon, if not already.

Cobraman

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
Hi David. I am a fairly new member myself, only joining as of last February. You'll enjoy this forum, as they are a fun group as well as being quite knowledgeable. If you've always liked Ford GT's, you will be thrilled with your new car. I had to trade four cars towards my GT, and even tho' I knew I would miss the cars, the GT was worth it, no doubt. I traded a 74 Dino Ferrari, two NSX's and an R2 RX7 toward my car. Fewer cars mean fewer headaches. When you have a chance, let us know of the details of your car. I'll bet you can't wait for delivery. John

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Welcome David!
You're going to LOVE the car and the little "problems" are, for the most part, easily solved. Plus, we are all here to help - so don't worry - just enjoy! :cheers

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
69 Trans Am

Welcome David. The last old car I sold was also a 69 Trans Am, Ram Air IV. I also had a 74 Super Duty Trans Am. I have owned a gaggle of 60's and 70's performance cars but the "Holy Grail" that was always out of reach was the GT40. Everything else including modern day exotics was just a substitute for that one unobtainable car that I have lusted after ever since I first saw one at age 10. And then, just for my benefit, Ford cut loose and built the GT to celebrate 100 years of auto building. For 10% of the price of a Pymouth Baracuda (Hemi purchased at Barret Jackson) my auto life is complete. You're gonna love it. :thumbsup

Chip

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Good deal...

David Gencay said:
thanks for letting me in your gt board room you guys sound awsome with your knowledge and ownership of the gt and have forgot what i will ever now about these great automobiles,Just sold off a bunch of old muscle cars and ordered a gt yesterday was 4000 over invoice ok and i saved a bunch of taxes i traded om 69 transam in on the sale. after reading some posts im already scared about leaks and doors not closing thanks again
David,

I am glad that you made the decision to go for it! The car build quality should be at it's best since the assembly team has had plenty of practice and any past issues have properly dealt with long ago! Also, I assume that your muscle cars went to good homes. Now, I think that once you get in and drive this car, all memories of those muscle cars will become a little less important!

Welcome to the group! Jay www.gtsaver.com