New Texas Mile record set by Mark Heidaker.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
So glad to hear this. That's amazing. Glad some good ole American rwd muscle did it!! I'm tired of hearing of all the big numbers the Underground and Heffner Gallardos and Huracans are putting up.

Bravo Mark and M2K!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Congrats Mark & Kevin & your team! Was on hand @ The Mile to witness your rocket ride!! Well done!!

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Good job Mark!

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Congrats mark and crew!!!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Excellent!!

:thumbsup :thumbsup

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
:thumbsup:thumbsup

You have my vote to be at the top of the list to get a NFGT as long as you set out to break your own record with it. :wink

Dominic

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Thanks everyone for the great comments. This car is not doubt the best there is. We have had such a good time working on this Ford GT and figuring ways to make it faster while still being safe as possible. It never hurts to start with such a great platform that is for sure. And yes, we for sure want to be allowed the opportunity to purchase a NFGT when the time comes.. IT would be the biggest honor of all..... Come on Ford Motor Company, just give me the chance.... Will get some videos and footages up here shortly of the run...

Thanks,
Mark H.
M2K Motorsports

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Mark, tell us more about your set up. Did you have sequential gearbox?

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
This car is running a built motor by AccuFab Racing, with rods, pistons, headwork, valves, cams and billet crank. The crank and bore is all stock. The shocks have been changed to Ahlman shocks and what a great help these are for sure with the track conditions we face. We are running a set of Precision Turbos 82/85 with 3 (1000 core) bricks in the intercooler. The car is running an external ice tank to allow for cooling of the air temp which we are now seeing the air temp at the end of the mile just getting into the 80 degree temps... Not to bad for making this much power... The car on the 279.9 pass was running the stock transmission because we still don't have the air shifter worked out as of yet. The previous record of 278.2 was also on the stock trans. No doubt the car does have a cage in it for safety and fire suppression system but overall, the car is still as stock as we can keep it and still be allowed to run. All in all a great car and so glad to be able to do what we do. Hope everyone enjoys the video of some in car footage as well as the rear view of the car as the laundry is being dropped to stop the car on the stock breaks....

[video=youtube;jMcSDjAzh4c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMcSDjAzh4c&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sorry I couldn't embed it correctly... DBK has told me many times and obviously that is not my strong point...

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Bravo Mark, Kevin and crew.

Let's me and you do some highway pulls. FGT vs FGT. :)

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Congrats. So impressive.

That's a full hundo + what I've been. Hard to imagine.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I hear the next upgrade includes wings!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Mark - Outstanding and VERY much deserved!!!! I second your vote for a new FGT for you!!! Only God knows what kind of records you'd set with that!!

Last edited:

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Amazing job. Kind of glad to see the stock transmission go back in even if the air shifter has greater potential. Some Lamborghini owners look for reasons to say this GT is not a street car.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Amazing job. Kind of glad to see the stock transmission go back in even if the air shifter has greater potential. Some Lamborghini owners look for reasons to say this GT is not a street car.

There is no doubt that the Ford GT was "over engineered" as a street car. During the panel discussion at Rally 9 (see my videos of the entire session) the team had planned for it being a road car and really were surprised when the "Texas Mile" kind of events showed up. It is a testament to this power plant, that I think will go down in Ford history 50 years from now as the modern equivalent of the 427FE ("Sideoiler"). Maybe even the cammer.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats Mark and Crew !!! Great work !! Go GT !!