I would be in for a set

Brian Bates

GT Owner
Mar 28, 2012
I would be in for a set of both fronts and rears

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Ironic you posted this, I ordered fronts and rears from Autonation in White Bear Lake three days ago. As others have said, fronts aren't currently available. I'd take a set of fronts, and probably rears too if the ones I ordered look like they have any leaking problems.

Thanks!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
IN

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Please add me to the list for both front and rear.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
i am in for a set both fronts and rear.

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Yes plz.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
What is the storage and shelf life of the struts? Mine lasted a surprisingly long time. But you have evidence of storage issues (they have package stains for fail to support after installation). So, will a new strut in its shipping state last any longer than an installed compressed strut? Is it possible to order and leave on the shelf as a spare expecting that it will perform like new in 5 years, or is this a part that has a shelf life and you're better off getting a new one when the current ones expire?

Reactions: jammer and JWZ

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Count me in for the quad pack. 2 rear, 2 front.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
me too

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
I will take a set F&R
Thanks,
Mark

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
In here too for front and rear.

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
What is the storage and shelf life of the struts? Mine lasted a surprisingly long time. But you have evidence of storage issues (they have package stains for fail to support after installation). So, will a new strut in its shipping state last any longer than an installed compressed strut? Is it possible to order and leave on the shelf as a spare expecting that it will perform like new in 5 years, or is this a part that has a shelf life and you're better off getting a new one when the current ones expire?
I agree with your thinking Tony. I believe that seals, especially high pressure ones like used in struts and A/C compressors, do better when kept lubricated. So as ironic as it seems the struts should last longer when used occasionally than when stored, whether or not they're stored on the shelf or installed in the car and rarely cycled.

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Please count me in for both as well. Thanks!

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
interested

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Kendal, hope I'm not to late for a full set

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
No, not too late at all. I ordered quantity 100 fronts and 100 rears (50 front sets and 50 rear sets). 100 was really the lowest number I could order with any kind of appreciable price break. I will update the thread as soon as they arrive!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
No, not too late at all. I ordered quantity 100 fronts and 100 rears (50 front sets and 50 rear sets). 100 was really the lowest number I could order with any kind of appreciable price break. I will update the thread as soon as they arrive!

Thanks Kendall... There is another 05 early FGT in town that will need a set.

Forum name Mule Air. so for Raleigh NC, put us down for two sets please,

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Good man Mike! :) Gotta look out for your GT buds.

Also, thanks to Kendall too for coordinating the Forum purchase.