New Racing Books - Marc VDS Racing - Ford GT1

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Hi all,

Long time no talk everyone…I hope you are all well.

I’ve just finished two new GT1 books, documenting the racing lives of car #40 and car #41, campaigned by the Marc VDS Racing Team in the 2010 and 2011 seasons of the FIA GT1 World Championship. Marc VDS were our (Matech’s) partner team, and helped with both the development and financing of the Matech Ford GT1 project.

As you may know, Lance Miller and Greg Boehme purchased all 4 GT1 cars back in 2014, and subsequently sold both #40 and #41 to a buyer in the UK. The new owner asked me to create a book for each car, in a similar vein to the Matech box set of books I made a few years back. Well now they are complete. Each book is 13 x 11 inches and 440 pages (just like the Matech volume 1).

I have asked Dave if it is alright to post this, and waiting for a reply.

However, the company I use to print these books, Blurb, is offering a huge 30% discount to anyone buying today (Tuesday 1st December), as part of their Black Friday promotional activity, and so I thought I should let you all know straight way. These books are expensive to print, so with a big discount like this, I felt you should know in case you wanted to buy them today.

Here are links to the books on Blurb. Take a look at the preview images on there. If you want to buy either or both books, you will need to create an account on Blurb which is a 2 minute job.

Be sure to use the discount code to secure 30% off.
Code is: QUICKGIFT (it must be in capitals)

Car 40 - 20 Races
https://www.blurb.co.uk/bookstore/invited/8969594/edf9eea8f18a16facab86c9f4a874e8363a7742d

Car 41 - 20 Races
https://www.blurb.co.uk/bookstore/invited/8961138/3254d26f42c7d36104ef8f1f61a73df745c85002

Notes:
Car 41 used just a single Ford GT chassis, MR10GT1SN003 to compete in all 20 races during 2010 and 2011.
Car 40 used two different chassis numbers, SN004 and SN006. SN004 only raced for the first 3 rounds in 2010, plus the 24 hours of Le Mans, where sadly it was destroyed during the race. Chassis SN006 was built immediately to continue racing in the GT1 championship in 2010, and continued through to the end of 2011. This book therefore covers all 20 rounds, using two chassis.

There is a third book available, just about chassis SN006, but this is simply the same book as above minus the first 3 races, and so I doubt would be as appealing other than to the owner of chassis SN006. As such, I’ve not included the link to this book…ask if you want it, but note that there is NOTHING in that book that is not already in the car 40 book.

Please also note that there are a small number of copied over photos and text from the original Matech GT1 2010 book, such as the pre-race car build images and text, the race start images from the 2010 season and the set up and handling commentary provided by Thomas Mutsch (driver) and Jose Santos (engineer) as their narrative is equally applicable to the Marc VDS cars competing at the same time. The rest of the photographs will have never been seen before, both for 2010, and obviously 2011.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

PS. Relieved to see that Romain Grosjean is not too injured following his massive accident in F1. He raced for us in the 2010 GT1 Championship, and also at Le Mans in the Matech Ford GT1 car #60, now owned by Lance Miller. :)

Thanks all,
Steven, Matech

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 11.49.24.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 11.49.46.png

Reactions: canibl and spartan

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Good to hear you've been busy!

Photography is stunning, worthy additions to the heritage and GT1 collection.

Will shoot you a note this week.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
My copy of Marc VDS #40 arrived today. In a word, it is spectacular. If you have any interest in the GT1 series, the Matech GT's that competed or the Marc VDS team, this is highly recommended. Great photography, race results and the next best thing to having been there.

Great job Steven.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Which car did Romain Grosean drive?

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Which car did Romain Grosean drive?
Grosjean drove for Matech in Car 60, which is covered in the Matech box set.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
So my question is if you are going to get just one ,which would you recommend?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
DISCOUNT CODE DID NOT WORK

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
The discount code, as mentioned, was for the Black Friday offer from Blurb. That has now ended. I suggest do a search for blurb discount code or voucher, and remember any code used should be typed in CAPS.

As for which set to choose, the books for car 40 and 41 compliment each other as they are each about each race car, and so only contain a very few photographs duplicated across both books, plus you order these from Blurb directly, which means p
shipping costs are lower as they are printed in the USA.

If you are enquiring about the Matech box set, message me directly and I can tell you a lot more as this is a different proposition.
Thanks, and regards.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Well received both books today. Impressive!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
If anyone is interested, I have one of these for sale

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg