"New Posts" not working

The identical thing happened to me late this morning (PC, tried both Firefox and Chrome) and my wife (Mac, Safari) but it resolved itself late this afternoon. Don't know what was going on, but the screen was as shown and when I logged in, I got the header with a nice solid blue screen - no text or pix.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Things are working fine this morning. Maybe the forum didn't want to be bothered during the playoff games :)

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm not getting the text view any more. However I opened the new posts search which had a good long list and read a few. If I hit refresh or new posts again the ones I read would be marked as read. The do not now until I explicitly mark all posts read

I still can't post to some subgroups which seemed to happen about the same time

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Works with the Matech and Heritage skins. Still screwed up with the others. Fine for me as I use the former.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I remember that this same defect occurred about 5-6 years ago.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Once again, RED car background is discriminated against. And on MLK day to boot. Oh the horror.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Once again, RED car background is discriminated against. And on MLK day to boot. Oh the horror.

Try it now Red boy.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Fixed. Thank you Wonderboy.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Fixed. Thank you Wonderboy.

I do what I can.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I haven't had the text version since yesterday afternoon and while this morning and early afternoon the "followed links" part of the new posts was still broken it is now working just as before.

I still have regions that I think I can't post or reply to though :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I still have regions that I think I can't post or reply to though :)

Likely related to expiry of paid subscription. The subscription script hadn't been running for a loooooong time.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Likely related to expiry of paid subscription. The subscription script hadn't been running for a loooooong time.

Ah! I thought the section said it was open to owners. But I do see that the little thingie dropped off the left side now that you mention it. Where is the link to sign up again? It was well hidden and doesn't jump out right now.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
"Post New Thread" Page Intermittant

I don't know if others have had similar issues, but I've had a lot of trouble using the "Post New Thread" page in each of the sections. Often, I've put up a Title and a few words, then used the "edit" post to put in the rest of the information - "paste" from a "copy," inserting an image or a video, etc. Seems like that page has a problem - anyone else had these issues?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
RALPHIE, yes, posting new threads has been a PITA since the last one or two vBulletin updates. It's worst with Internet Explorer. Letters skipped while typing, capital letters changed to lower case like an out of control auto-correct, cannot upload photos, sometimes cannot edit text. Chrome is better, but still can only upload one photo at a time (used to be four).