New Owner

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
I just tool delivery of a 2005 Centennial White/Blue Stripe GT. All options/red calipers. 250 miles. It's a remarkable car - both 100% art and 100% machine.
Having wanted one of these cars since watching LeMans and then seeing an original GT40 in the flesh - in the 60's, it'll be tough to wipe this grin off my face.
I want to thank all of you on this forum for the assistance you've offered and the accelerated learning enabled by being active on this site.
And please bear with me as I as ask some (doubtlessly) rookie questions that aren't addressed by the 'search' key.
Thanks again

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I just tool delivery of a 2005 Centennial White/Blue Stripe GT. All options/red calipers. 250 miles. It's a remarkable car - both 100% art and 100% machine.
Having wanted one of these cars since watching LeMans and then seeing an original GT40 in the flesh - in the 60's, it'll be tough to wipe this grin off my face.
I want to thank all of you on this forum for the assistance you've offered and the accelerated learning enabled by being active on this site.
And please bear with me as I as ask some (doubtlessly) rookie questions that aren't addressed by the 'search' key.
Thanks again

Hey, t32b! I HAVE the "dumb questions" crown around here - 'n' don'tcha fergiddit!

CONGRATS ON THE PURCHASE!!!!!! :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Mr. Moderator will doubtless be giddy about yur color choice, too!:lol :cheers

(Oh, and the grin you mentioned IZZUNT removeable. It's permanent!)

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Hey Pockets, what is the best pipe to purchase? (Hows that)

t32b, welcome to the forum! What does the t32b stand for?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Welcome. Hope you mean SF Bay Area, not that area in the Southland. Some great owners in our area. Black Ice has all the tools needed for any task and is willing to loan them out. Shadowman is a short run away from you and the experts turn to Bill for his input on a regular basis.

Be sure to sign up on AWSUM GT'S California registry.

By the way, great color choice... your a gentleman of fine taste and now a member of our fraternity.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
By the way, great color choice... your a gentleman of fine taste and now a member of our fraternity.

Ya SEE, t32b! I told you so, I told you so, I TOLD you so!

:biggrin:lol:rofl:cheers:thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Well, that depends on whether yew be speakin' PVC or ... :lol

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Thx

t32b, welcome to the forum! What does the t32b stand for?

It's related to the first trainer I flew (t34b). Long story. :)
But thanks all for the warm welcome. And though one of you seem to have sewn up the dumb questions franchise, I'll likely give you a good run at it.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Welcome to the club !!!

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Fine tastes - and speedy too!

Welcome. Hope you mean SF Bay Area, not that area in the Southland. Some great owners in our area. Black Ice has all the tools needed for any task and is willing to loan them out. Shadowman is a short run away from you and the experts turn to Bill for his input on a regular basis.

Be sure to sign up on AWSUM GT'S California registry.

Well, not only fine taste, but I wanted the fastest one. That WOULD be white/blue. RIGHT? :)
And yes, it's the CA Bay Area. On the peninsula.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I have been meaning to ask our Canuck friend SR71 if he has one in his hanger....
Don't recall our neighbors to the North having flown BlackBirds.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
And though one of you seem to have sewn up the dumb questions franchise, I'll likely give you a good run at it.

Wanna bet?!:lol

Once again, welcome to The 'Forum, sir!:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Well, not only fine taste, but I wanted the fastest one. That WOULD be white/blue. RIGHT? :)
And yes, it's the CA Bay Area. On the peninsula.

Ice is in Hillsborough, I am a SF native, still have my house there but live in Fresno.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Oh, puleeeeeeeeeeeze! You need to see my SCIENTIFIC analysis of why BLUE/WHITES are the fastest (posted on 'nuthur thread). And no sane person should argue with science ... :skep :slap

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Excellent

Ice is in Hillsborough, I am a SF native, still have my house there but live in Fresno.

Excellent. A bunch of locals. And ICE, I don't think I as much need tools as advice on the car. e.g. lifting the thing for oil changes. Can't seem to get in touch with the fellow who offers those floor jack plates. I'll be seeking advice on this one in about 800 miles or so...

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Excellent. A bunch of locals. And ICE, I don't think I as much need tools as advice on the car. e.g. lifting the thing for oil changes. Can't seem to get in touch with the fellow who offers those floor jack plates. I'll be seeking advice on this one in about 800 miles or so...

You're talking of "GTSavior" - Jay aka Analog Designer... I've picked up the access cover gasket, trans filter, jack pads and other parts from him...

He is in San Clemente Ca. and can be found at:
http://www.GTsaver.com
ph: (949) 366-1211
Rumor has it he is playing with his balls, shift balls of course....

Also check out Kendall's site aka nota4re for the charger, an optional transcooler to the FoMoCo's offering and other specialty GT items he customizes and resells. He is in NewHall Ca and can be found at:
http://www.cooltechllc.com
ph: (661) 254-7948

Note: This is not a solicitation, only my personal reference of key know suppliers of after market parts that I have added to improve and increase the saftey/ usability of my GT. Plus - they are good guys!

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
You're talking of "GTSavior" - Jay aka Analog Designer... I've picked up the access cover gasket, trans filter, jack pads and other parts from him...

He is in San Clemente Ca. and can be found at:
http://www.GTsaver.com
ph: (949) 366-1211
Rumor has it he is playing with his balls, shift balls of course....

Also check out Kendall's site aka nota4re for the charger, an optional transcooler to the FoMoCo's offering and other specialty GT items he customizes and resells. He is in NewHall Ca and can be found at:
http://www.cooltechllc.com
ph: (661) 254-7948

Note: This is not a solicitation, only my personal reference of key know suppliers of after market parts that I have added to improve and increase the saftey/ usability of my GT. Plus - they are good guys!

Already took delivery of the Cooltech halon and cooler products. I don't have the nerve to put a wrench of her yet, but I'll screw up my courages shortly. Maybe. :) Else I'll wait for the GT Guys to head to CA.

Also added a windshield sunscreen and a nice set of floor mats - so I could preserve the original (mats). They looked like they'd get really abused very quickly.

I have been in touch with GTSaver, but can't seem to make contact lately to purchase the two lift pads. I'll need 'em. Maybe I'll retry.

I plan to otherwise keep the car totally stock. That's my story and I'm stickin' with it...

Thx again

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I plan to otherwise keep the car totally stock. That's my story and I'm stickin' with it...

Thx again

I remember saying that :lol, first came the tune, then came the exhaust, then the short shifter, then the Mac Delete etc

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
It's related to the first trainer I flew (t34b). Long story. :)

Welcome and congrats on the car. The T-34C was the first trainer I flew.

I am a SF native, still have my house there but live in Fresno.

Daniel,

My mother's side of the family are all SF natives. My grandmother has lived in the same house on Pacheco St. since the 50's. Of all the places I've been, Northern California is still home to me.

Best Regards,
Jason

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Welcome and congrats on the car. The T-34C was the first trainer I flew.

Daniel,

My mother's side of the family are all SF natives. My grandmother has lived in the same house on Pacheco St. since the 50's. Of all the places I've been, Northern California is still home to me.

Best Regards,
Jason

Grew up on Avila, three blocks off Chestnut,... nice French, Italian and Jewish neighborhood.... today yuppieland... Pacheco was dominated by Pisanos and Portugese. Funny how all has changed. Mom paid $23k for the house in 1949 which was a lot of money. Their first house was a GI loan tract, in San Leandro which was 'restricted' at the time; my dad was discharged from Camp Parks and opted for a GI loan, they gave $9999, and that is what their first house cost in 1946:wink

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I grew up at 48th ave near Noriega, then moved 14th ave near Hoover Middle School. My father still lives there.

:cheers