New owner

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Love your avatar (and your car), Congrats!

Reactions: jammer

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Congrats to you Jammer! You will love the experience of the Ford GT, and the Ford GT Family!

Would love to see some photos of your 944 and hear about the ownership experience. I like your diverse collection. Make the United Nations proud!

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Thanks SYCO GT. The UN would be even prouder to hear that my wife drives a 2017 Nissan Pathfinder :) The 944 is fun to drive on back roads. It has no power assist for the steering, which is the way I like it, but it feels under-powered by today's standards and not as nimble as it used to feel back in the 80s. Very basic, analogue, and engaging driving experience. Feels faster than it actually is. It gets more thumbs up than the Maranello. Bought mine from the original owner who bought it for his wife. She drove it for 26k miles probably due to the rather heavy effort required by unassisted steering. Will be happy to add pictures of the car once I figure out how to include pictures in posts here.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Thanks for the overview of the 944. Too cool. I drove a 930 Turbo for a couple years, and it was extremely heavy steering and controls.

With regards to the photos, I found that if I downsized the file sizes when creating the JPGs, it was an easier and smoother process. Then, just hit the attach files button, select thumb nails or full size, upload 1-5 photos, and they should appear in your thread post.

Slant Nose-7470insta.jpg

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Love your avatar (and your car), Congrats!
Thanks junior. My first jet travel was on a Pan Am Boeing 707 in 1971. Was not my first air travel but was my first jet travel. From the tarmac, to a 10 years old crazy about flying, it looked like a spaceship ready to launch. All my air travel before that memorable day were on propeller powered commercial planes. My first trip to the US a decade later was on a 747 Pan Am from London Heathrow to Chicago O'Hare. Still can't believe they let that brand fall like that.

Last edited:

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
And those Pan Am stewardesses... Oh, and you’re going to fall in love with your machine.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
With regards to the photos, I found that if I downsized the file sizes when creating the JPGs, it was an easier and smoother process. Then, just hit the attach files button, select thumb nails or full size, upload 1-5 photos, and they should appear in your thread post.

Can't find the "attach files" button. I see "insert image" button but it seems to be looking for a URL address not a folder path for a jpeg image.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Welcome to the best forum in the world Jammer! We have a good contingent of GTs in the Bay Area & NorCal. We just had a Mini-Rally in NorCal & may have another one later in the year.

Ed