New owner with some questions

Palm Harbor GT40

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2009
Palm Harbor, FL
Hello Everyone,

I purchased the Tungsten No Stripe from Shelby. I got the car last week as you may know from the thread SHelby started on the car and upgrades. In addition to what Shelby had done we also C F wrapped the door trim rings, pulls, and the rear under body and air vanes. I will be posting pictures next week. We also installed a tire monitor system and are doing a remote Passport installtion this coming week.

I do have some questions. If any one can provide any information I would appreciate it.

1) Is it normal for the dash leather to pucker behind the defrost vents (the drivers side of the vent). Mine is that way behind every vent. If you look closely at the pictures of the interior on the no stripe post you will see it.

2) What do you have to do to play a CD. Every time I put one in it takes it shows track 1 then ejects it. I have tried several CDs and they all do the same. Am I doing something wrong or is the unit malfunctioning?

3) My speedometer is way off. It gets progressively worse as you increase in speed. When it shows 70 you are doing 63 (via GPS navigation system) when it shows 100 you are doing 83. I have the 3.9 gear upgrade is that the problem? Is there a way to recalibrate the speedometer to be correct?

I love the car and it is a blast to drive. I am looking forward to many years of enjoying the car and any help with these issues would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Greg

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
With a custom tune you can adjust for any tire size and get the speed very close to your GPS. The tuner can allow you to have an user option to modify tire size at any time.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The CD player won't really play MP3 discs. CobraR1939 (Wally) had a post about being able to play MP3's, but they never worked in my car. You might do a search for his posts. It will play commercial discs without a problem. I can't believe Shelby sold a car without the iPod cable. If you don't want to get fancy (or expensive), it's the way to go.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
1) Is it normal for the dash leather to pucker behind the defrost vents (the drivers side of the vent). Mine is that way behind every vent. If you look closely at the pictures of the interior on the no stripe post you will see it.

In a word; no. :cheers

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
The 3.90 gears will cause the speedo to be off some. Not sure if you can adjust it with the SCT, hopefully Jason will respond on this one. As for the CD, if it is an MP3 CD, then that is your problem. If not, send the player to me and I will swap it out for free with an extra one we have.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Is there a way to recalibrate the speedometer to be correct?

Absolutely. Stillen used my SCT device and made the adjustment for correct spedo reading. Within a 1 mph.

Lots of great local talent in your area that can do this for you.

Lovely car you bought. Drive it often.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Jason is right at your back door. The tune in your car came from him so I am sure he can make the needed adjustment.