New Owner - greetings from Marblehead, OHIO!

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Congratulations and welcome!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Nice to meet you. Welcome and enjoy. It doesn't get any better.

Vince H

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Congrats on the GT purchase. You will love it.
I also did not have the ability to attach anything when I first opened my forum account. Once I owned a GT, I sent a message to the administrator with car specifics. He then upgraded my account.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Congrats on the GT purchase. You will love it.
I also did not have the ability to attach anything when I first opened my forum account. Once I owned a GT, I sent a message to the administrator with car specifics. He then upgraded my account.

Yeah, what I did was click the little envelope at upper-right, click "Start a new conversation" and type DBK into the recipient box. Magically, an entity that responds to the initials DBK should respond granting you permission.

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Build date on existing tires at 2011 on the fronts and 2010 on the rears - just off the phone with Tire Rack with new tires on the way... should be here by Friday (need to find an installer in the area that can handle the rim size).

No luck yet with Autometer... got sales, who put me on hold for OEM sales and got lost in the system. Called back and it went immediately into voicemail. Anyone have the part number for the water temp gauge? I'm not even sure if it would be a Ford or Autometer part number.

The people in the waiting line for early voting were certainly impressed when I pulled up today :)

Thanks!
Dan

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
They build them in batches, so it may be a while.

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
I can't even get thru to anyone... will try again tomorrow.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Welcome and enjoy safely as the temp goes down!
A note to RPM: You know that my car is way faster then yours!!!!!!!!!
Just saying.
Best,
Mark
Take of the twin turbos, and then let's see!!!

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
You have a great car. Over engineered and capable of anything. Damn near bullet proof.

Handle it smart but no need to baby it either. It's built to run on demand and run hard.

Welcome aboard.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Congratulations, I never get tired of the look, the sound and the fun if driving the car. Enjoy.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Welcome! Your FGT is beautiful!

1) Get all the new small gauges from Autometer and swap them all at once. You'll understand why once you pull the gauge pod.

2) Thank you for using Ford power in your Revology GT350.

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
Just off the phone with Zach at AutoMeter... ordered all the small gauges - they are made to order.

Good guy to work with!

He asked me to post the following to hopefully clear up any confusion...

"We do not list these on our website because we have had a lot of people try to lie about owning a Ford GT, then they buy the gauges, find out they don’t work in anything other than a Ford GT, and get mad at us and demand a refund. We also try to preserve the integrity of the Ford GT and it’s gauges by reserving the parts to only Ford GT owners."

Zachery B. Salapatek
Inside Sales Representative
AutoMeter Products, Inc.
111 Somonauk St. | Sycamore, IL | 60178
Direct: 815-991-2278
Fax: 815-895-6786
zach_salapatek@autometer.com

Reactions: jammer and extrap

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Thanks for the info. I have added it to my GT parts list.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Just off the phone with Zach at AutoMeter... ordered all the small gauges - they are made to order.

Good guy to work with!

He asked me to post the following to hopefully clear up any confusion...

"We do not list these on our website because we have had a lot of people try to lie about owning a Ford GT, then they buy the gauges, find out they don’t work in anything other than a Ford GT, and get mad at us and demand a refund. We also try to preserve the integrity of the Ford GT and it’s gauges by reserving the parts to only Ford GT owners."

Zachery B. Salapatek
Inside Sales Representative
AutoMeter Products, Inc.
111 Somonauk St. | Sycamore, IL | 60178
Direct: 815-991-2278
Fax: 815-895-6786
zach_salapatek@autometer.com
You've started another topic (yet another gauge discussion) but I'll follow up to Zach's comments there.

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020

Yeah, was surprised that Revology offered the GM engine as an option... they took a lot of flack for that. I think only a handful of the 60+ cars produced to date went out with that. I think it was mostly an emissions issue; my car is registered as self-assembled because the engine and transmission were installed by a Ford dealer as opposed to Revology.

Dan

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
First, you did it right.

Second, does the emissions thing hold water? Isn't the Coyote package emissions legal? Or is it that ECU to do that is an additional expense?

I think it has more to do with the group out there who was to LS swap everything. They have already been re powering Gen I Mustangs (with LS engines) for years now

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Dan - I don't think you mentioned airbags, so in case you don't know about it here's the recall information: https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/...akata-airbag-recall-program.36227/post-494243

If yours haven't been done, you can be killed! (and/or your passenger)

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Congratulations and welcome. I too like the standard wheels. Got a set that I will be installing next time I need new tires.

I believe you need to get your status changed to "GT Owner" to be able to post pictures.

It never gets old or boring!
Perhaps the greatest car ever made!
Enjoy!!

Perhaps? :)

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Congrats on your new car Dan! The standard wheels look flat in most photographs, but in person, they are quite nicely designed and a nice choice. I love the bends in the spokes that can be seen at various angles other than straight on.

Reactions: extrap

Dan S.

Oct 7, 2020
No the Coyote isn't 50 state emissions certified, at least not when I had the car built... haven't looked into it since.

Extrap,
Yep, that was one of the first things I checked on (the airbag)... Ford verified it had been replaced.

Jammer,
Just got my new tires yesterday (all build dates of 2020!) hoping to have them on next week. I do like the standard rims... don't hate me but I might make a coffee table for my mancave out of one of the optional rims (no damage will be done :))