New Owner 2006 GT

Shawn

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2018
PA
My 2006 Tungsten GT was delivered yesterday. Of course getting out the first time I hit my forehead on the door. I think this is the car’s way of saying “Why did you wait so long to buy a GT?” Having a few older Shelbys, Mustangs and a new Shelby I’m certainly a lifelong Ford fan. I recall following the GT Program from concept to the first cars hitting the showrooms. My first impression driving the car is it’s an amazing vehicle. My first drive was to go down the road for a few miles and return home. When I started driving I just kept going and returned with 50 added miles to my pristine 420 mile car. Within the first 10 miles of the drive I realized how comfortable, responsive, powerful and stylish the GT is.

I have to also publicly say “Thank You” to Shelby Smith at Elite Autos. Elite took delivery of the car performed maintenance, air bag recalls, half shafts bolt replacements, Mac relocation, tune/pulley and inspections. I received my car ready to drive with no safety or reliability concerns. Elite treated the car with the utmost care, they were precise and communications were outstanding. Eric at Elite kept me informed of progress along the way with updated pictures, texts and phone calls. Thanks Shelby and Eric! Getting this work done was a big concern of mine and I’m grateful you all were involved.

The GT Forum is great and very similar to the SAAC Forum of which I’ve been a member since inception. Becoming a member a few months back allowed me to educate myself on issues and find reliable sources. The information here is extremely useful and I look forward to years of involvement.

Regards

Shawn

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Enjoy it in good health. Drive it far and often. Welcome to our GT world.

Reactions: 07XL0027

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Congrats!!!

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Congratulations they are great drivers cars... Too bad the snow is on its way.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Welcome and congratulations! Good choices on the Mac relocation and the pulley/tune.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Congratulations and welcome to GT ownership. Remember to keep it charged and there are no traction nannies. Hope you enjoy many, many miles of driving it.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome aboard with your new Girl! Here’s hoping you enjoy many miles and years of fun driving!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
congrats you bought possibly the best car ever made :)

Reactions: roketman
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Congrats Shawn.

QSS

franimal007

Owner
Nov 1, 2018
Endwell, NY
Where is Glen Rock? You and I are similar I bought a 06, same color...I am on the SAAC forum, (its great!) and I have a Shelby, a Boss, and a few others! Mc relocation kit?

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Welcome Shawn. Class acts all around Shelby Smith, Ford GT, and this forum.

Shawn

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2018
PA
Where is Glen Rock? You and I are similar I bought a 06, same color...I am on the SAAC forum, (its great!) and I have a Shelby, a Boss, and a few others! Mc relocation kit?
Very close to the PA/MD line about 15 miles south of York PA. I'm in the process of building my 66 Shelby I'll be posting on SAAC for guidance. The SAAC forum was awesome during my 67 GT500 resto as well. Looking forward to taking the GT to All Ford Nationals in Carlisle next summer

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Congratulations and excellent color choice!

Reactions: viva gt

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
Shawn
Congratulations on getting that GT. I know its been on your list for some time. Best of luck.

Dominic

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Welcome aboard.. Congratz
With a 420 mile car, you may still have the original Goodyears on the car. Be careful with old, hard GY's and cold asphalt.
Most here have changed to Bridgestone's. There are threads and recommendations for sizes and spec's.
If you have them already, then enjoy them:).

Tomcat

GT Owner
Welcome to the GT family and the tungsten subset!

Shawn

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2018
PA
Welcome aboard.. Congratz
With a 420 mile car, you may still have the original Goodyears on the car. Be careful with old, hard GY's and cold asphalt.
Most here have changed to Bridgestone's. There are threads and recommendations for sizes and spec's.
If you have them already, then enjoy them:).
Yes the car still has the original tires. I plan on getting a new set in the spring

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Congratulations - enjoy the car and get it out so others can see and enjoy it too!

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Another congrats, you will find a wealth of knowledge on this website. The "search" bar is your friend and if you cant find what you need many will be happy to assist.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Elite is the best!
Congrats on your purchase.
Get some seat time, but be "mature" with the temps getting colder.
Enjoy.
Best,
Mark