Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Hi, everyone. I'm brand new to the Forum and to the GT. In fact, I bought it yesterday ('06, Tungsten Silver) and have yet to drive it, or any GT. I'll be bringing it home on the NJ Turnpike next week (gulp!). My first question is, are there any recommendations for a qualified service dealer in the North Jersey area? How about any reading material to start my education. I try to do most maintenance myself ('76 Porsche, '53 Nash).

Howard

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Howard,
Welcome to the family...:cheers Plan on doing your own work, the car is great to work on !! A lift is a big plus at oil change time ! Get the Helm Gt manuals and enjoy !!! :banana I'm partial to the Tungsten color as well !!

04mach1

Jan 2, 2007
Small town ohio
Welcome to FGT forums. Enjoy the car in good health.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Howard, Welcome to the family.

I can tell you this forum is the best resource anywhere for keeping your GT in perfect order. The search feature can provide you with tons of tried and true methods of how and what to do. You have the benifit of so many actual GT owners that have gone through everthing from repairs to upgrades.:thumbsup

Can I ask how you came upon the GT, was it at a dealer?

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Load it up and bring it to California for the big event this summer (or at least bring yourself out to Cali).

Ford GT Rally II

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Tell me more about the Helm manual. Where to purchase? I bought the GT at The Auto Toy Store in Berlin, NJ. Glad to be here, and thanks for the welcome.

Howard

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Welcome! But be careful the car can become an addition.:wink

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
If it was a snake....

How about any reading material to start my education. Howard

It would have bitten you. You are reading it right now. The GT Forum has the answers and education to all things GT. This of course, is in addition to the Forums other function which is solving all of the worlds major problems. Welcome Howard, we're glad you're here!

Chip

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Welcome

Hi, Welcome ... I saw this car at the Auto Toy Store ... it's beautiful ...congratulations . :thumbsup

Where in North Jersey are you? You will find there are many of us here !

Add your car to The Ford GT Owners Registry.

Enjoy your drive home ...... please be careful, your first drive is exciting, and so is the second ... third ... fourth ........ fifth ....

Enjoy.:banana

Last edited:

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
WELCOME!

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
There are more of us in North Jersey? You guys stay well hidden. I'm in the Pompton Lakes area. Where do you recommend that I go for service?

Howard

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
howdy howard:thumbsup

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome !!

:cheers

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
There are more of us in North Jersey? You guys stay well hidden. I'm in the Pompton Lakes area. Where do you recommend that I go for service?

Howard

PM me and I'll discuss service.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Welcome to the show Howard. :cheers

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Welcome - congrats, you'll have the grin for a while:cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Welcome to our lil' zoo, Sir!:biggrin

Don't worry about the drive home, Howard. In only a few minutes behind the wheel you'll be completely comfortable with the car. Just don't decide at that point you want to "stand on it" and see what it'll do!:willy :lol THAT just might not be too wise at this point!:rofl (I've owned mine for 10 months and haven't found it necessary to shove the accelerator down anymore than 1/2" to pass any dang thing I've wanted to pass so far anyway!:banana )

Oh! Watch for "gawkers" hanging off your rear qtr panels all the way home. They'll BE there anytime you want to change lanes, trust me. You'll be "shadowed" all the way. ( That comes "standard" with every GT!):lol

You're going to be staggered by the car's performance in all areas. It won't take you very long to realize your decision to buy the car was a GOOD one! You won't regret buying it for a second.:thumbsup

FordGT75

GT Owner
Sep 2, 2006
Great Falls, VA
WELCOME :banana
Enjoy the GT:cheers

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Tell me more about the Helm manual. Where to purchase? I bought the GT at The Auto Toy Store in Berlin, NJ. Glad to be here, and thanks for the welcome.

Howard

Howard,
The manuals can be found at www.helminc.com . also this site has loads of info. The search feature can find you info on just about anything you can think of . Welcome to the party...:party :club

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
One tip, make a few head and side/rear view mirror checks before a right lane change. The blind spot isn't as severe as I thought it would be but it needs to be considered. Welcome aboard; you're gonna love. I'm going to plan a dinner outing in the Princeton area for early summer. Stay tuned.